Doncha LOVE surprises???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doncha LOVE surprises???

Oldest DD is leaving Philadelphia after living there for about 8 years to move to Portland, Oregon! She's leaving some life-long friends and is sad/happy/sad/happy. She's having a blow-out party at her father's big house (my ex) the day/night before she leaves. I wanted to go, but I am so creeped out by my ex... we've only just begun to be in the same place at the same time and I'm skeeved when I find him staring at me... not to mention, he hasn't LET me set foot into HIS house (we built it in 1980... I left in 1994) since we separated!

I just found out that her father and his fiance won't be there cause they'll be out of town! I "pricelined" a good fare and will crawl into her bed at about 2 am (priceline gives you the worst flights! I get in at midnight!) the night before the party and surprise the heck out of her!!

Remember the trip to Portland to surprise youngest DD for her 25th birthday in February?? Well... oldest DD was so badly behaved there that her two sisters STILL aren't talking to her!! So, I'm also glad I'm going cause none of her family was going to be there!
    "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Re: Doncha LOVE surprises???

I sure hope the info in regards to your EX and his fiance not being there is correct. Otherwise that could be a mess.
    Portland is not any closer to you then Philadelphia. Is she moving because of a job opportunity ?

Comment

WOW! She is going to opposite ends of the country! You need to tell them the Midwest is a great place to live as well!!!
      Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

WOW! My DD is moving to Portland in September. Leaving Baton Rouge. Must be a popular place.

Comment

Portland is a BEAUTIFUL city... and just outside the city are BEAUTIFUL mountains and countryside! I'd live there in a heartbeat!!

If Ex does end up being at home... he'll have to suck it up! I want to be there for MY kid.

Oldest DD is going there to go to Graduate School, work, and for LOVE... gotta love that part!!

Comment

I have never been there either, but have seen pictures of the area on the travel channel, it is beautiful indeed. I could see myself living there, unless there is snow, then forget it.
            For love, ok, so her boyfriend is going to be there with her, or is already there?

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
              I have never been there either, but have seen pictures of the area on the travel channel, it is beautiful indeed. I could see myself living there, unless there is snow, then forget it.
              For love, ok, so her boyfriend is going to be there with her, or is already there?
              VERY cute and interesting story. When we were there in February for youngest DD's party, we called my friend's son, who lives there and always comes out to play w/ us when we're in town. All my kids have known him since they were babies! He and his mom visited us regularly! So... they were attracted to each other and have been having this awesome long distance relationship ever since!

Then his roommate flaked out on him so he has to look for a new apartment... oldest DD is out there looking... and they rented a fabulous apartment. Should be INTERESTING...

Comment

I hope it works out for the two of them.

Comment

Young love is so awesome I would so live there too.

I tried to get my ex to move to Washington or Oregon many years ago, he said no...a$$hole, I wouldn't have had fun there with him anyway!! *L*
                  Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

Luvs, DD is going to graduate school too - for Urban Planning. She just rented an apartment today off of the internet. Hoping it works out. DH has been there for business and loves it. Have to get out there. It is still a good ride from Montana!

Comment

Working...
                    X