Egads! the "Window Girl" yet again~~~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egads! the "Window Girl" yet again~~~

Do any of you remember me posting about the girl I work with hating to have the windows open? It was "too cold, or "too breezy", she finally went on line and found out from the labour laws what her rights were for temps in the working place. Boss had to install digital thermostat, to make sure temps did not go below 20 cel in winter etc. Okay, now it's summer, and it IS above 20 cel and we CAN open windows,,,,she wants all windows near her closed cuz the noise of the traffic drives her crazy and gives her a headache! She will turn on all the fans in the shop but, prefers to have the windows closed! I just can't win!!!! I'm going thru the hot flashes and NEED to have the windows open to have some air movement and just plain FRESH AIR for God sakes!!!!! Now what the hell do I do???? Better get my butt to the boss I guess and try to make a compromise???? Window girl has her rights but, holy moly we have our rights too, right?????
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Re: Egads! the "Window Girl" yet again~~~

Isn't there a closet she can turn into her own private cubicle!!??? What a pain!!

Comment

Personally, I'm thinking she's got some underlying "phobia" that's the REAL problem here and everything else is just and excuse to make it work for HER!!! And you say she's just a temp??? I think she'd better worry they don't make her "permanent"..........permanently gone!!!!
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

Kill her... that's my suggestion!!

I remember working in an office and it was FREEZING... my FEET were like ice cubes. I complained, rather loudly, and a cube dweller a few cubes away came and said softly to me, "Please, please put on a sweater and don't let them turn down the AC." Only NOW do I get it!!
        "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

i think that she should be thankful she even has job, there are 20 people standing outside that door who'd love to have her position.

i agree tho, she does have a phob of some sort..
          I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

I have a sort of mean idea.......... LOL!
            Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

I do too Tex.........stick her desk out on the "other" side of the window!!! Sorry, that was mean....
              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

Originally posted by TexAnn View Post
                I have a sort of mean idea.......... LOL!
                Pssst! let me hear it LOL!

Comment

You might want to check where Mudderbear is located. The jobless rate in Ontario is somewhere around 6% right now, I think. Plus Mudder is not located in a big city. That could make losing this fresh-air-phobic co-worker, impossible.
                  Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

LMAO Y'all! Rather than let you all know how mean I truly am.........
                    Why not go to the boss & say you have allergies to central heat an air and that you have to have natural air circulating around or you will literally go ballistic? If it worked for her...why cant it work for you? Going through the change of life and all those hot flashes should take preference over the sound of traffic for goodness sakes...Don't they know that a menopausal women is like a LEATHAL WEAPON???? H-E-L-L-O----O? You could have a tee shirt made to wear to work that says... Patience, Hell.....I think I'm gonna KILL something" Lol And mean it as you are snarling and foaming at the mouth when you greet her with a Good Morning...LOL! Good Luck! How dare she be so...UH!!!
                    Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

It just burns my ass! I'm typically the shy type and never want to stir up sh*t,,,the other day I got brave and just went ahead and opened the window, man did that feel good, what an accomplishment for me! Then the very day after, after just opening the window aain, 'window girl' shuts it as I have just left my desk and says when I return that, the noise was driving her up the wall. She proceeds to turn on fans, and has the gall to say, "There, let's get some air moving in here, shall we"? Meanwhile, I'm just fuming,,,,,defeated again AAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

(TexAnn: I think I'm going to get me a T-shirt with exactly that wording!)
                      Last edited by MudderBear; 08-02-2008, 10:05 AM. Reason: addition

Comment

why are her wants and needs more important than yours? Is there a rule stating that the windows cannot be open? Is there a rule that states that everyone must agree on things? Will other people stick up for you? majority rule?
                        Keep opening the windows if it is not against the rules and if she gets a headache, let her find a job somewhere more agreeable.

Comment

Originally posted by MudderBear View Post
                          Do any of you remember me posting about the girl I work with hating to have the windows open? It was "too cold, or "too breezy", she finally went on line and found out from the labour laws what her rights were for temps in the working place. Boss had to install digital thermostat, to make sure temps did not go below 20 cel in winter etc. Okay, now it's summer, and it IS above 20 cel and we CAN open windows,,,,she wants all windows near her closed cuz the noise of the traffic drives her crazy and gives her a headache! She will turn on all the fans in the shop but, prefers to have the windows closed! I just can't win!!!! I'm going thru the hot flashes and NEED to have the windows open to have some air movement and just plain FRESH AIR for God sakes!!!!! Now what the hell do I do???? Better get my butt to the boss I guess and try to make a compromise???? Window girl has her rights but, holy moly we have our rights too, right?????
                          I think it's time you throw window girl out her window!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          DARE TO BE DIFFERENT

www.myspace.com/luvkidrock4ever

Comment

Get her a set of ear plugs, or headphones to wear, tell her it's a Democracy, she's been out voted!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nuisance View Post
                              Get her a set of ear plugs, or headphones to wear, tell her it's a Democracy, she's been out voted!!!

Now THAT'S a really good idea!!
                              "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Working...
                              X