• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BJinTexas
    CopyKat Chatter
    • Jun 2006

Squeeze bottles of mayo, jelly, mustard

Does anyone dislike these as much as I do? I know that these were made to a convenience item but ... go figure. I still use a knife after squirting to spread whatever I'm squirting. Alos, when you get close to the end of the bottle, if you don't use a knife to help application you end up throwing away about 1/4c of whatever it is. And, the French's mustard top is so small....if you by chance drop it on anything..even your counter, the small top will break off. Does anyone else have the same thoughts?
  • TexAnn
    Master Chef
    • Jul 2008

Re: Squeeze bottles of mayo, jelly, mustard

Originally, I thought it was a great idea, so I bought the Mayo, okay ? I feel like you do. I think there is too much waste at the end. Sometimes the old ways are better. HAGD!
    Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

• cottun
      CopyKat Chatter
      • Jun 2006

I keep a jar of mustard in the fridge for recipes, and a small squeeze bottle for hotdogs and sandwiches. I like my mayo in a jar. When I lived in Sicily years ago, the only way I could buy mayo was in a tube, like toothpaste. It was terribly expensive too! I never understood why they sold it like that there.

Comment

• Joanne
        CopyKat Chatter
        • Jun 2006

Don't even get me started on those stupid squeeze bottles! Drive me NUTS!!! Yes they are wasteful. One of the worst is pickle relish in a squeeze bottle, all you get is juice before any relish thinks about departing that stupid bottle.

Comment

• Sabine
          Grand Master Chef
          • Jun 2006

I agree with all of the above postings, those bottles are a waste.

Comment

• Ginger
            CopyKat Chatter
            • Jun 2006

I don't mind the mustard squeeze bottles because I can refill from the gallon container (which costs about as much as 2 squeeze bottles and has at lease 10 times as much in it) But the mayo and relish ones are disgusting. I finally added pickle juice and vinegar to the end of my mayo squeeze bottle, shook it up and used it for potato salad dressing. And ketchup used to be waaay thicker when it came in a glass bottle. Now they've thinned it out with liquid, so it can get thru that itsy bitsy hole, and you get this watery gunk first if you forget to shake the durn thing.
            Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

• Sabine
              Grand Master Chef
              • Jun 2006

I learned the hard way to first squeeze the bottle over the sink, to get all the watery stuff out first. I just don't buy them anymore.

Comment

• JennyS
                CopyKat Chatter
                • Jun 2006

I can't tell you how much I hate the squeeze bottles. For the manufacturer they're a money maker, because the consumer wastes so much of the product that stays in the bottom of the container. I don't buy them if I have any choice.

Comment

• AllieK
                  Master Chef
                  • Jun 2006

I tried the mayo once. I don't like them either.
                  I do buy mustard is squeeze bottles. It's the only thing thin enough to flow right

Comment

• cheft
                    • Oct 2007

We use the squeezable mustard from time to time...We've tried the squeezable mayo, but prefer the good old fashioned jar...My daughter really likes the Welch's squeezable concord grape jam...We don't have that here, so when we go to the US we stock up
                    A friend is one who walks in when others walk out
                    ~Walter Winchell

Comment

• mommyx2
                      CopyKat Chatter
                      • Jun 2006

I like the squeeze bottles of sour cream.. makes it easy to put on tacos. Took the squeeze mayo on picnic.. liked it. But the squeeze jelly.. Egads.. Just doesn't have the same consistency of the jar stuff. Gotta have squeeze mustard

Comment

• MudderBear
                        Master Chef
                        • Jun 2006

Squeeze relish is retarded,,,juice and nothing else,,,we end up taking the sqeezie end off and just pouring it out. As for all the other sqeeze bottles? I think it's great, especially for the mayo, my kids love it.
                        A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

• mommyx2
                          CopyKat Chatter
                          • Jun 2006

Yeah Muddarbear,, I forgot about the squeeze relish.. Such a stupid idea

Comment

• nuisance
                            Grand Master Chef
                            • Jun 2006

I usually buy the jars, but I'm the oddball (again/ofcourse!) I don't mind the squeeze bottles. I keep them upside down in the fridge, the juice is on top and all I get is relish, and the mayo is always at the spout. But.... I don't buy them often, more expensive than the jarred.
                            "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

• floridagirly68
                              CopyKat Chatter
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mommyx2 View Post
                              I like the squeeze bottles of sour cream.. makes it easy to put on tacos. Took the squeeze mayo on picnic.. liked it. But the squeeze jelly.. Egads.. Just doesn't have the same consistency of the jar stuff. Gotta have squeeze mustard
                              I've never seen squeeze sour cream.
                              The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

Working...
                              X