Walking Shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walking Shoes

I need new "tennis" style Walking shoes. I have worn New Balance and am not really happy with them. My question is what brands have you tried and which are you the happiest with???
    "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Re: Walking Shoes

I just bought my first pair of true walking shoes. They are by Skecher. So far I like them.
    Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

Nikes are good but pricey. My SIL gave me two pairs. Thats the only reason I have them, I cannot afford them, but I really love them. They are very supportive.
      Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

My DH foot Dr told him to wear New Balance that had the # over 700, the ones I wear are #811. I do think you have to try different ones and see what fits you the best. I also have an orthopedic insole(Powerstep) that I bought at a store, that has eliminated my foot pain,now I still have knee pain, but that is gettiing a bit better. Hope you find something that works for you. DH had to get cortisone (sp) shots in each of his heels several years ago, which worked for him

Comment

my foot doctor prescribed New Balance, I can't remember the number, but my insurance paid part of it because he prescribed it.
          DARE TO BE DIFFERENT

www.myspace.com/luvkidrock4ever

Comment

I work in a sports medicine clinic, and in addition to treating sports-related injuries, we also make orthotic inserts for shoes. There are three brands of athletic shoes that we recommend for the best support, those are New Balance, Asics, and Mizuno. I'm not sure if Mizuno makes a shoe specifically for walking. And it's true that with the New Balance, the higher the number, the better the support.

If you want to test how supportive an athletic shoe is, this is what we tell people to do...hold the toe of the shoe in one hand, and the heel in the other hand. Bend the shoe toe to heel, then twist from side to side. There shouldn't be much give. Also, it should be rigid up the back of the heel area (the achilles area). And always untie your shoes when you take them off. A lot of people apparently leave them tied, then just slip them off and on.

I hope this is helpful!

Comment

I really like my New Balance. I wasn't aware of the number thing though... Who knows what number I have? I have just noticed that the "shock absorbency" is really good. My feet feel really "springy" when I wear them........
              Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Lauren, the number is usually embroidered on the back or side of the shoe

Comment

Oh, Cool! I will check my number... Hold on, be right back!!

K. Found it! 557. Wow, I wonder how the ones over 700 feel? I love these as it is....I am going to look for a higher number next time and see if I can tell a difference..
                  Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Cindy,
                    I bought Skechers last year. I really liked them at first. Not walking shoes, though, but I didn't like how the heel is much higher, I felt like I was on high heels. I think they messed up my toes.

Comment

Very informative!

Cookin - thanks for all your info. I will definately look for a higher number shoe.
                      "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

Wow...nice to know about the number thing. I always buy DH New Balance because it's the only brand I can find that has 4EEE width. Occasionally, I run across Nikes that have the wide width, but not very often.
                        The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

You can't go wrong with Chung Shi. But, I also have a pair of New Balance.

Comment

Working...
                          X