Drugstores with Dr. offices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drugstores with Dr. offices

My Walgreens is building a Dr. office which will be there 7days a week. I was talking to the girl while picking up a prescription. CVS & some grocery stores will be doing the same thing. I read in the newspaper about this. I have been to those Drs. clinics. I know some of you really love you Dr. but there are times especially in my family that seem to get sick on Fri.nite. streph throat, pink eye, stomach problem, just those things that you really don't want to wait til Monday. Need a few antibodics. Are they coming in your area? Az. needs Drs. & nurses so bad, they have built it up but seem medical staff is low. So maybe with this the ER will not be as crowded. I think it is a good idea for those times when you are in a pinch. They say they will accept mostly all medical plans.

Re: Drugstores with Dr. offices

They've been in the Walgreens here for a while. You can go on their website and it gives all the details (who they treat, what they treat etc.). Not too bad in price if you don't have insurance either. Average visit is $59.
    The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

Haven't been to a doc in a box clinic in a very long time. In a pinch they are ok, for little things I guess.

Comment

They have them in Wal-Marts here. I think they are around 60.00 a visit. My SIL went to one of them during the time she was without insurance between jobs and she told them what she needed and they gave it to her.

When we were getting DD ready for camp she had to have a physical. Our Dr. office charges 25.00 for it and the Wal-Mart place wanted 59.00 so I would guess that you pick and choose what you want from them.

I think they are a great idea, but a lot of private practice Dr's will negotiate a "cash" price for a visit if there are no tests.
        Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

My co-payment to see my own doctor is $30.00 , so there is no reason for me to go to a clinic, where I don't know the doc. But I can see going there on a weekend, if you have a temp, flu etc. something that really doesn't need a full blown ER. I mean that is the reason why the ER's are so overloaded sometimes, people use it like a doc office. Having a flu bug or a cold, or a sinus infection, does not require a trip to the ER.

Comment

We dont have anything like that here. You either wait it out or go to ER if its really bad.
            I dont think its so much getting a DR you dont know as it is getting a DR that doesnt know my (or DS's, DD's, DH's) history. I am not sure of my comfort level with that...

Comment

Sewcute, you don't have any walk in clinics, med clinics, or doc in the box as I call them? I can think of three within a 2 mile radius of my house

Comment

I've been going to the "doc in the box" here for years and years. For the most part, you get right in, get right out. It's cheaper than a general physician visit and you don't have to wait weeks (or months) for an appointment. And you don't have to sit there until 10:30 to get in for your 9:00 a.m. appointment.

Comment

Not that I can think of Sabine.
                  I cant recall every passing one...or even where to find one. Every Doctor that I can think of here is an office, with appts, receptionists, etc. There are "clinics" when you get into Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, ect...but thats 3 counties over. I dont think we have them here on the Island...

Anyone here from Long Island that knows of a clinic? I think Doodles is from my area...but havent seen her in a while.

Comment

They have them here in Vegas in some Walgreen's and CVS stores. They are staffed with Nurse Practioners.I have used them twice when I couldn't get in to see my Dr in a reasonable amount of time. I had chronic bronchitis and sinus infection. I was in and out in a flash, no waiting and you can pick up your medicine right there in the pharmacy. They filed my insurance claims, and I didn't have to pay anything. I'm covered by Medicare and military TriCare. Here they only handle very simple health issues like, bladder infections, colds, flu, ear aches, sinus problems, etc. I couldn't be more pleased with the treatment and how efficient the system worked.

Comment

Working...
                    X