words from a marine officer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• words from a marine officer

SHARING AN EMAIL RECIEVED, July 23, 2008.

This email below is from a friend of US Marine, CPT Jeffrey S. Porter who was in Afghanistan when Obama flew into Bagram , Afghanistan for one hour. It does not go along with what we are seeing on national TV or photos in the news.

His email is preceded by a note from his wife, Tiffany:

(Below is from Tiffany Porter, wife of Capt. Jeff Porter)

I don't know each of your personal political convictions, and apologize if anyone finds this report offensive. I thought it was important enough to share. This is Jeff's email of his first hand view of Senator Obama on his brief trip to Bagram , Afghanistan .

Tiffany

---------- Forwarded Message ----------

Hello everyone, As you know I am not a very political person. I just wanted to pass along that Senator Obama came to Bagram Afghanistan for about an hour on his visit to "The War Zone". I wanted to share with you what happened.

He got off the plane and got into a bullet proof vehicle, got to the area to meet with the Major General (2 Star) who is the commander here at Bagram.

As the Soldiers were lined up to shake his hand he blew them off and didn't say a word as he went into the conference room to meet the General. As he finished, the vehicles took him to the ClamShell (pretty much a big top tent that military personnel can play basketball or work out in with weights) so he could take his publicity pictures playing basketball. He again shunned the opportunity to talk to Soldiers to thank them for their service.

So really he was just here to make a showing for the American's back home that he is their candidate for President. I think that if you are going to make an effort to come all the way over here, you would thank those that are providing the freedom that they are providing for you.

We got more thanks from the NBA Basketball Players or the Dallas Cowboy Cheer leaders than from one of the Senators, who wants to be the President of the United States . I just don't understand how anyone would want him to be our Commander-in-Chief. It was almost as if he was scared to be around those that provide the freedom for him and our great country.

If this is blunt and to the point I am sorry but I wanted you all to know what kind of caliber of person he really is. What you see in the news is all fake.

In service,
    CPT Jeffrey S. Porter
    Battle Captain
    TF Wasatch
    American Soldier

American by birth
    MARINE
    by the grace of God

Semper Fi

Re: words from a marine officer

I am not surprised, Obama was in Landstuhl , Germany and didn't meet with the troops, who were hospitalized, there either. Why not? But he made a speech to the german people , who seem to adore him. Note to Obama, the people in Europe don't vote in our american presidential election. It would have been much more important to visit with the american troops, you know, the ones who do the voting.

Comment

This is NOT true.

Here is the link

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/afghanistan.asp

Comment

Ha ha ha... LOVE Snopes!!

Unlike the true news coverage of the village idiot in a flight suit announcing "Mission Accomplished," from the deck of the ship... how many years ago??
        "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Too bad. But it is a fact that he didn't visit the troops in Germany, was all over the news. Can't deny that one.

Comment

I wasn't going to go there....looks like it is a very tricky subject. I am not impressed with him.
            Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Originally posted by TexAnn View Post
              I wasn't going to go there....looks like it is a very tricky subject. I am not impressed with him.
              Who... Bush?? ME NEITHER!!!

j/k... i knew what you meant.
              "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Is there a reason he should visit troops with every stop he makes? I think that visiting the troops in iraq & Afghanistan was enough. He's getting my vote!

Comment

Visiting the wounded soldiers in a hospital in Germany would have been appropiate. Why did he go overseas at all ? He is not president yet. There was no need for that trip at all. But that's just my opinion. Less said is best.
                  Just wanted to add that it is best not to try to discuss politics on this board, just doesn't work. And Steph really doesn't want us to anyway.
                  Last edited by Sabine; 08-05-2008, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X