Need Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help!!

I want to go to work part time. I just want to work on M,W, and F from 9 to 3. I am going to do the Sub thing, but with a lot more teachers on the side lines this year I don't think I will get the calls I used to. I thought about doing the temp thing, but I really want something that I am sure I am going to each and every day. Tuesday and Thursday are my school days so I won't be able to work on those days. I will also be taking 5 classes in the Spring so I may not be able to work on those days come Spring. I just don't want to sit at home this fall twiddling my thumbs on those three days. I need suggestions. No fast food because I am just to old for that crap!!!
    Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Re: Need Help!!

13 peeps and no suggestions??? I know you ladies have good suggestions, come on outta the woodwork and give me some suggestions

Comment

not sure what your exactly your looking for:

Maybe daycare-ish with an educational edge? You could watch little ones in your home even 2days (like most preschools) from that time and add the educational side to it.

Offer to do shopping (for a small fee) for the homebound, handicapped, or elderly...pay on a sliding scale, help them clip coupons, etc.

look into help at the library sorting books etc...

Comment

What about a craft store? like Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Joann Fabrics? wouldnt it be neat to hear about all the projects everyone is doing and see everything too!!

Comment

Originally posted by wishingstar View Post
          What about a craft store? like Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Joann Fabrics? wouldnt it be neat to hear about all the projects everyone is doing and see everything too!!
          thats MY kind of job...whay didnt I think of that?

Get a job at your favorite clothes store...you get a discount and get to shop while you work!!!

Comment

Look into Daycare Centers. Alot of them want people with a teachers credentials.

Comment

I don't have teachers credentials. I do have my Associates degree. Day care is the only thing I don't want!!! I love my kids, but I don't want to deal with day care aged kids. When I sub I only sub for middle and high school. I have done the younger kid thing and I am done! *L*

I like the idea of a craft store, I just wonder if they would want a 10-3 type person? I have a Hobby Lobby about a mile away from me. There is an Old Time Pottery Place too.

Comment

How about a Book store? I know that our local Borders is always looking for part time people.
                but I would sign up to sub, can't hurt, especially if you have a history with a certain school, so they know you and know you work history. You have nothing to lose.

Comment

Wonder if there would be any need for a tutor for home-schooled kids in certain subjects, maybe that the parent did not feel they could teach. Hours also sound good for working in a school cafeteria if you could share a job with someone.

Comment

Hey Cindy, this is off the subject, but I was reading your blog today and wanted to comment on a subject you brought up, only to realize you have to sign up ??

Comment

I'm sure Hobby Lobby or OTP would love to have you. There's also a Ross right there.

Comment

I would love to work at a bookstore! I bet that would be fun

I didn't even think of Ross, Jules. I have not even been there yet!

Sabine, I am checking into the signing in on the blog. I bet you do have to sign up to comment. I am thinking the reason being Spam.

Comment

I always thought that Hallmark store would be a nice place to work.

Comment

Jules, if I worked there I would spend all my lunch money! I can't go into that place without buying too much stuff. Michael banned me from there for a while!!!

Comment

There are alot of part time jobs out there but you have to look for them. If you aren't sure that you'll be there in the spring then I would suggest just sticking to retail.

Comment

Working...
                              X