Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

antivirus software recommendations, anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• antivirus software recommendations, anyone?

Hey all. Been a while!

Hoping you guys might be able to help me.

I have Norton here and at work, going to expire. Not completely happy with it. I went out today and purchased McAfee. I know a few that use it and like it.

Well, I decided to try to search a little more over the internet and now I am not so sure. Read some customer reviews.

Thought I would throw it out here to see what you guys use, likes, dislikes?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Re: antivirus software recommendations, anyone?

Good To See You!! Come Back And Play.

I Have Nortons, Never Have Had A Virus With It.

EDITED TO ADD: IT GIVE YOU REMINDERS TO CLEAN THINGS, YOU JUST CLICK "FIX IT" AND IT AUTOMATICALLY CLEANS YOUR TEMP FILES, ETC, AND A "DISC OPTIMUMIZATION (sp?)" WHICH DEFRAGS IT ABOUT ONCE A WEEK.
    Last edited by nuisance; 08-05-2008, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Hi nu!!

Thanks! I hope to play more when the kids get back in school. This summer just got hectic.

Thanks for the info. I am now more confused. Though that is not unusual! LOL

Comment

It's Not Confusing, It Will Give You A Little Pop Up Reminder One A Week Or Everyother Week, Just Hit Fix It And It Makes The Computer Work A Little Better, And It Will Back Up Your Computer Onto Discs Once A Month.

Comment

I have AVG and love it. You can download it at http://www.grisoft.com/ww.home-and-office-security. I've had Norton and Mcafee and hated both. They are nearly impossible to delete off your computer. Every time I thought I got rid of it, it would magically appear again.
          The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

Originally posted by floridagirly68 View Post
            I have AVG and love it. You can download it at http://www.grisoft.com/ww.home-and-office-security. I've had Norton and Mcafee and hated both. They are nearly impossible to delete off your computer. Every time I thought I got rid of it, it would magically appear again.

I agree with floridagirly68.
            All our PCs and both laptops have AVG free 8.0 and it serves us very well.

Comment

I have the Norton 360 version 2.0 and very happy with it. I have it at home and at work.
              "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

We use AVG - free and works very well.

Avast is another one hubby used on laptop and like it.

Comment

We Use avast our computer guy told us about it, it's free, and down loadable at avast.com

Comment

I use AVG and love it.

Comment

I have Trend Micro and it does a very good job. I've heard that the Avast program is good, too.

Comment

I have Trend Micro too. Norton let a trogan virus in and crashed my computer.

Comment

Thanks all! I really do appreciate it!

I have never heard of Trend Micro and avast.

So many options, now what to do. I am looking for protecting work computers (very small business, just 2 computers) and my computer at home I use for work.

I was planning on using the free AVG for my work's laptop, but the boss wants something more for the pc's.

Thanks for all the input!!!! I am thinking of returning the McAfee I just bought.

Comment

Originally posted by shadow View Post
                            Thanks all! I really do appreciate it!

I have never heard of Trend Micro and avast.

So many options, now what to do. I am looking for protecting work computers (very small business, just 2 computers) and my computer at home I use for work.

I was planning on using the free AVG for my work's laptop, but the boss wants something more for the pc's.

Thanks for all the input!!!! I am thinking of returning the McAfee I just bought.
                            AVG has an upgraded pay version that offers more on the site that I posted.
                            The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

We also use AVG.
                              Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Working...
                              X