diners cherry/vanilla coke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diners cherry/vanilla coke

Grew up back east and we had diners that would make a cherry coke with the syrup or vanilla. I thought about this after reading the rootbeer float thread. Those waitresses worked so hard and us teens go in there with a little order. Plus got one order of fries and all of us split them. Best bananna splits too. That's when we did have money to order them. We have a 5 & diner here but it's a chain. Not like the real diners back east.

Re: diners cherry/vanilla coke

I bet you have some really good memories. I love hearing about diners. I do remember the lunchonettes in the drugstores. I suppose that was the closest I ever came to a diner. I used to get a real cherry coke with the syrup everyday after school,
    Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

I do love my "diner"...where else can you go for such a HUGE selection and very little money?
      Best breakfast bargain around (especially at 3am!!!)

Comment

Wow.......this brings back memories!!!! When I was really young, my grandparents lived near a diner and would take my sister and I there. Oh gosh, they had the BEST homemade sticky buns!!!!! The buns were served in the bread basket at lunch and dinner.......!!! Mmmmm

Growing up here in the East.......drugstores always had "counters" where they would serve food. We would go to one in particular, that was locally owned, my parents grew up/graduated w/ the pharmacist, for their GREAT tuna salad sandwiches. Their cokes were the BEST!!!!! Funny.......we are having tuna salad for dinner and mine tastes pretty much like theirs' did!!!!

Thanks for the memories!!!!

Comment

Our hang out was a lunch counter in a drug store as well - always an after school meeting place. I personally always had a chocolate coke.

Comment

We used to run down to The Hill House after school for a vanilla coke and to smoke cigarettes... those POOR diner owners... diner full of young teens from 3-5 pm, sucking up cokes and filling the entire place w/ smoke! I bet (HOPE) they turned on big fans when we left and before the dinner crowd arrives!!
            "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Funny, but we were just discussing this subject today at work.......small world! Even when I worked "downtown" back in the mid to late 70's, there was still a corner drug store that would make the cherry cokes and you could get wonderful sandwiches, etc. too!!!

Hey, Doreenb!!! I think I "know" which pharmacy/drug store you are talking about!!! Well, actually I have two in mind.......is it the one in Paxtang or the one in Lawnton??? The one in Lawnton is the one just down the street from where DH grew up!!! But I know both places very well too........oh for those good old days, huh?! Now I'm even craving just a good old cherry coke Slurpee in this weather!!!! LOL
              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

Where did those days go? Now I want a cherry/vanilla coke!! We always ordered ours with marshmallow. Why do we still have teeth??! We sometimes ordered cherry 7-Ups, too.
                We used to have 2 great diners here but someone bought them and moved them away.

Comment

Working...
                X