I don't get it...this is awful!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't get it...this is awful!

This couple lived a long life and then to be murdered!! I hope they get the sobs who did it!!!

So sad....

http://www.bakersfield.com/hourly_news/story/516564.html

Re: I don't get it...this is awful!

I don't get it either. Unless someone did it for their life insurance.. You hear too many stories like that.

Comment

Re: I don't get it...this is awful!

Police find dead couple in southwest Bakersfield home
      BY FELIX DOLIGOSA, JR., Californian staff writer
      e-mail:[email protected] | Wednesday, Aug 6 2008 3:54 PM

Last Updated: Thursday, Aug 7 2008 9:33 AM

Based on a tip from a worried relative, police found the bodies of an elderly couple police believe were killed in their home on a quiet cul-de-sac in southwest Bakersfield.

Bakersfield police are investigating the apparent homicide of an elderly couple, discovered early Wednesday afternoon in a house on Durham Court in southwest Bakersfield. Lt. Hajir Nuriddin (with phone) and Sgt. Joe Aldana, Bakersfield police detectives, wait for the arrival of crime scene units to help in the investigation. The house is in the background.
      Blogs:

* Couple found dead in southwest Bakersfield home

The relative called police at about 1 p.m. Wednesday after he was unable to contact the couple, who lived in the 200 block of Durham Court, according to Sgt. Greg Terry with the Bakersfield Police Department.

Police went to the house and found the bodies.

Officers would not say what kind of injuries the pair might have suffered or where the bodies were found. Terry did not know whether there were signs of a break-in.

The couple was not identified on Wednesday, but the home is owned by Joseph Albert Parrott and Dorothy Eleanor Parrott, according to First American Real Estate Solutions, a Santa Ana-based company that tracks property records nationwide.

The coroner's office did not release the names but said they were 81 and 77 years old, which are the ages of Joseph Parrott and his wife.

Rick Bowen, who lives across the street from the couple, has known the victims for 12 years.

“They’re sweet folks,” he said. “I can’t hardly believe this. It’s a shock to me.”

He last saw them working in their yard on Monday or Tuesday.

Neighbors said a lot of retirees live in the area.

“It would be strange to have a homicide here,” said Matt Deming, whose parents live in the area.

Comment

Working...
      X