Kid drinking out of containers from fridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kid drinking out of containers from fridge

I have a kid who does this with impunity. Thankfully she only likes certain things that no one else likes, for example cranberry juice, and no one else drinks it anyway.

The problem arose when she licked the ketchup bottle !!!! You heard right!

I confiscated it for a full week, then returned it with her name on it. I put another in the fridge for the rest of us.

Any other ideas ?
    I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Re: Kid drinking out of containers from fridge

my kids don't drink out of containers..i did catch my ds sticking his finger in the barbeque sauce..so now i buy him he's own jar of barbeque sauce..he can do what he wants to his own jar..

Comment

My oldest son was hard to get to mind me, one day when he really had me mad, I made him get on his hands and knees and use a washcloth to clean my kitchen floor, every square inch. It seemed to work for him.

Comment

I don't have a clue what to do about that. My kids never did that, that I was aware of. But I know it would drive me nuts, can't stand that. I have known some adults who did that.

Comment

I have a question for you? Did/do you allow then to drink out of your glass and take bites after you? Do you sample things while cooking and then put the spoon back in the food?
          Kids see things that you wouldn't believe and she may think it is perfectly OK for family members to eat and drink after each other.

Comment

No, Allie, we never acted like that. I can't imagine why how she thought of it.

Comment

Mmmmm I love doing that.....LOL I do it all the time
              "Copykat Chat Forums" on Facebook, look it up!

E-Foo

Comment

Originally posted by Chocolate Moose View Post
                No, Allie, we never acted like that. I can't imagine why how she thought of it.
                Kids pick up a lot of stuff from other kids too. Tell her to stop it, and if she doesn't...tell her you are going to put her up for adoption. J/K hun, LOL! Hey ya never know...it might work...Good Luck!
                Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

A friend of mine told me to do this when my kids were young and were doing the same thing. Break off a piece of bread and put it in the drink. It will stop your child from doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by WREBAC View Post
                    A friend of mine told me to do this when my kids were young and were doing the same thing. Break off a piece of bread and put it in the drink. It will stop your child from doing it.
                    Thats a very good idea!
                    Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Sorry, my kids dont do this...so this might be extreme
                      How about leaving the milk in the garage all day...then put it in the fridge and let her have at it...I dont think she'll ever drink the milk again...

Comment

Before I go any further...I REALLY hope you all know I'm just kidding...right

Comment

I've done it, my DH has done it & the kiddies did it when they were little & lived at home. So far, the grandkiddies don't do it so it must be their wonderful upbringing.
                          "WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Comment

Sewcute....lol I love the idea, but can you imagine if someone else had that sour milk! ewwwwwwwww

Comment

Leave bread in a drink container? then no one will drink from it !

Comment

Working...
                              X