For those of you with children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those of you with children

How much has the internet influenced the way you raise them?
    When we got custody of Rob, he was thirteen. Larry and I were in our mid to late 30's and had never had any intention of having children. It was pretty traumatic for all of us. Poor kid had already been through so much. The boards were invaluable to me when I got frustrated or overwhelmed or was trying to find that balance about what "battles" to pick or when to just let go. He's an awesome young family man now. And my cyberfriends were actually the "village" that helped raise him.

Re: For those of you with children

The Internet Really Has Had No Influence On How I Raised My Kids, They Were Probably Close To Teen Yrs (oldest One) When We Got Internet, Youngest Just 3 Yrs Younger. I Have Discussed Things With Ya'll In The Past, But Didn't Veer From What I Would Have Done Anyway, Ya'll Pretty Much Have Had The Same Opinions In It I Had. This Is The Only Board I've Been On. But Your Always Helpful No Matter What It It.

Comment

Internet no influence... just love to share my brags and funny stories.

Comment

My kids were raised before we had internet at home, so it made no difference. They had computer classes at school, but that was about it.
        Now my grandkids are a whole different story, but I am not the one raising them.

Comment

It has not influenced the way I raise my children other than it is a great learning tool for them that I didn't have growing up. It is also another source of entertainment for them that I also did not have growing up. Lucky little stinkers!!!
          Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Cindy View Post
            It has not influenced the way I raise my children other than it is a great learning tool for them that I didn't have growing up. It is also another source of entertainment for them that I also did not have growing up. Lucky little stinkers!!!

Same here. I wish we had the internet when we were in school, especially high school, it would have made reports and homework so much easier.
            The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

Working...
            X