Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am sitting here...waiting....waiting....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am sitting here...waiting....waiting....

We had the new counter top and integrated sink installed yesterday. At the moment, DH is in the midst of reinstalling all the under-sink plumbing. Of course this absolutely must be done during a time when I would usually be preparing supper. (I got sneaky and threw together some soup when he wasn't looking, but had to literally hold the celery out the door in the rain to rinse it --hey where there's a will, a woman will find a way--)

And, this also had to be done on an afternoon when DH had promised to take me out to dinner "as soon as I finish the plumbing"--Yeah sure honey. I'm going to leave the house 5 minutes after you turn the water back on...nope I have seen 'belated' disasters before and I will be keeping an eagle eye on all those solders and joints all evening.

So, fingers and toes crossed everyone. I just might be able to do the supper dishes in my brand new sink in my almost-finished brand new kitchen!! (And it has only taken 7 weeks--so far!!)
    Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Re: I am sitting here...waiting....waiting....

Good luck Ginger, hope he gets it done soon.

Comment

My fingers are crossed for you Ginger! You are an insightful lady to think ahead and fix something for dinner. I tip my hat>>>> to YOU! I bet Hubby is glad to have that dinner too.
      Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

WELLLLLLLLLLLL ?????? Did he Git er Done ?

Comment

So, fingers and toes crossed everyone. I just might be able to do the supper dishes in my brand new sink in my almost-finished brand new kitchen!! (And it has only taken 7 weeks--so far!!)[/QUOTE]

I can beat that. Mine just got done this week, and it only took dh 2 years to finish.

Comment

Ginger holding the celery outside so the rain will rinse it, LOL!!!! So funny. You are a smart girl. I got the counters & new sink too a few yrs ago, but I paid the plummer and he was nice enough to come 1hr later after the counters were installed. DH can do the plumming but I said just pay the plummer because he hooked it up fast & no problems. Dh would have taken many hours & many trips to the hardware store. Hope it's all hooked up and you can rinse your celery with the tap water. That was so funny. You gave me such a good laugh today.

Comment

Yehaw!!! Plumbing is in with not a single leak!!! Yes, I did do my dishes in my brand new sink last night. Sorry I did not get back here, but we had a little party to celebrate and christened the new kitchen--with a bottle of wine--Nu get your mind out of the gutter.

Just a few more door to put on--they are currently in the workshop waiting for the hinge holes to be drilled, the backsplash to be tiled, and the electrical outlets to be hooked up and it is DONE!
              Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Working...
              X