Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wonderful Saturday lunch/dinner (LUNNER?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonderful Saturday lunch/dinner (LUNNER?)

From Friday to Sunday it Taste of the Danforth in Toronto. Danforth is primarily a Greek area of the city and every year they shut off a long stretch of the street and open it up for walking and eating. All the restaurants have booths out front and offer their specialities (for a price of course). I got to try Greek, Thai, Polish, more Greek and then beer.

Many parts of the afternoon there was a sprinkling of rain then there were the thundershowers. Let me tell you it is very difficult to eat a strawberry crepe using a knife & fork and try to still hold your umbrella.

Last year it was so hot it was uncomfortable.

However, the food is amazing and I'll go again next year. Missed the lamb chops this year, I ran out of room.

Re: Wonderful Saturday lunch/dinner (LUNNER?)

that sounds like fun. Wish I could join you. Nothing like that happens around here!!!

Comment

That sounds like so much fun, too bad it rained.

Comment

Rube, that is so cool!!! I hope you had a fantastic time, despite the rain. We have an International Festival in Houston each year and it is really cool. Very cultural & informative too. The artisans, the food, the crowds...what can I say. It's wonderful...oh yeah, & music too. Actually Houston has a lot of different festivals throughout the year that are really pretty neat. I love the Cajun Festivals... Zy-de-co...really makes ya wanna git down & party!!! (((Winks)))
        Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Sounds like fun, wish we had something like that around here..

Comment

In October & November we have the Renaissance Festival in Magnolia, Texas, & it is Kick A$$ for sure! Lots of fun! Haven't been in many years, but I know it has only improved and grown more since then.
            Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Toronto is such a cosmopolitan city - we have the

Chinese Lantern Festival;
              Taiwanfest;
              Hot and Spicy Food Festival
              Ashkenaz Festival - Canada's Largest Festival of Yiddish and Jewish Culture
              Ribfest
              Polish Festival
              Toronto International Festival Caravan. Over 30 venues throughout Toronto represent 30
              great cities throughout the world. Enjoy cuisine, entertainment & theatrical performances
              Caribana

The list goes on and on

Comment

I love festivals. If you call it a festival and there is food I will come!
                Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                X