Olympic News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympic News

Phelps won his first Gold and set new world record!!!

I love the little green line that was virtually there while he swam showing where the existing world record was. That was really cool!

Congrats to him.
    Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Re: Olympic News

OMG! Did anyone see the 4X100-meter relay race??? All I can say is WOW!!!!! I think our neighbors probably heard us screaming and yelling! Phelps now has his 2nd out of a possible 8 Gold medals!!! They even shattered the world record. YEA!

What made it even more sweet was that the French were favored to win this race and had even talked a little trash talk saying they would smash (edited) the Americans in this race....I don't think so!!!!

Sweet victory

GO USA!!!
    Last edited by Cindy; 08-11-2008, 08:18 AM.

Comment

I was awesome, wasn't it? I love to root for the USA. I wish the gymnastics team would have done a little better. I felt sorry for them.

Comment

I think they said they would smash the Americans. I loved the look on the French's faces when the race was over.

Comment

Jules, I only got to see the German girls during Gymnastics. I didn't get to see our girls. Maybe I should be glad that I didn't?

Allie, you are sooo right they did say smash. I edited it in my original post. I liked when they were calling them the "frenchies" after they beat them.

Comment

oh gosh that 4x4 race was awesome. We were just about screaming the last leg of the race! What a finish!

Comment

I didn't watch it, only saw bits & pieces on the news, but it was great.

Comment

I had to wait to catch it on the early early news this a.m. - it was a bit too late for me to stay up. I have tried to catch as much swimming as I can because of the 2 local yokels - Michael Phelps and Katie Hoff.

Comment

After being involved in men's gymnastics for the last 15 years with DS2, it takes all the fun out of watching the men's gymnastics in the Olympics. All I could do was keep taking deductions! They did have some good routines though. Raj on pommels was great. It's great to see these guys that DS2 has competed with at one time or another.

Comment

Yes, the men's relay was fabulous!

I watched the team girls gymnastics qualifying was a nightmare to watch. so many of the girls were falling.

dragun

Comment

Working...
                    X