I need some cows...LOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some cows...LOL

To heat my house in the winter and have lots of milk...LOL.

Although a cow has no upper front teeth, it grazes up to 8 hours a day, taking in about 45 kg (100 lb) of feed and the equivalent of a bath tub full of water. A healthy cow gives about 200,000 glasses of milk in her lifetime.

A cow has four stomachs: the rumen, reticulum, omasum and abomasum. The rumen is the largest stomach and acts as a fermentation chamber. The abomasum is last of the four and is comparable in both structure and function to the human stomach.

With all its grazing and many stomachs, it is no wonder that cows are one of the main contributors to the hole in the ozone layer. Apart from CFC, the biggest culprit is hydrocarbon emissions from cars and cows. Yes, cows! Cows release some 100 million tons of hydrocarbon annually - by releasing gas. To give you an idea of how much gas a cow emits: if the gas of 10 cows could be captured, it would provide heating for a small house for a year.

But unlike what you think, cows release hydrocarbon mostly by burping.
    The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Re: I need some cows...LOL

Very Interesting...
    I could use one to mow the yard...Hehehe! Where's the beef?
    Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

I think we should be harnessing those burps somehow
      Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

I have been sitting here, trying to imagine a bunch of cattle, lying around, chewing their cud and wearing some sort of reverse oxygen-type masks to collect the methane from their burps..... I think I'm getting a headache...
        Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Ginger, I was thinking along the same lines. Just some kind of mask to a hose that could be connected to some type of tank and wallah we would have lots of gas!!!
          Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

Yes but what are you going to do with what comes out of the other end, the cow pattie?

Comment

DH told me once that when he was in Japan, he saw some houses there in the countryside that had pig pens built right outside the kitchen, and there was a pipe leading from the pig pen through the house directly into the stove. He said there were familys there who used the methane that way to cook with. If thats really do-able and safe, I reckon you could do it with cows too.

Comment

Originally posted by wellsms View Post
                Yes but what are you going to do with what comes out of the other end, the cow pattie?
                You could use it to fertilize your garden. Manure is some of the best fertilizer. You have to dilute it so it won't burn your plants. My GrandMother used to use Chicken poop too...LOL!

Comment

I suppose when you think green sometimes you end up turning green huh? LOL!!!

Comment

My mom always used manure in her garden. I grew up on a farm. My dad would put a couple of loads on the garden in autumn, run it through with the tractor and disker (like a rototiller for fields) and let it sit all winter. Thinking back, we kept the cattle in the barn all winter. Good thing my dad didn't smoke.
                    Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

I'm A Cow. I Have Plenty Methane Gas, But I Give Powdered Milk.

Comment

How's that Nu ?

Comment

It's All Dried Up! Don't Even Know It'll Work If You Add Water! Lol

Comment

Working...
                          X