Hush Puppies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hush Puppies

Very good recipe.....Since August is the month for Catfish...

Hush Puppies

1 Cup Corn Meal
    1 Cup Flour
    1 tsp Salt
    2 tsp Baking Powder
    1 Egg
    3/4 Cup Milk
    1 Chopped Onion
    2-3 Chopped Jalapenos
    8 ounces Shredded Cheddar Cheese

Mix corn meal, flour, salt and baking powder. Add egg, milk, onion, jalepenos and cheese. Drop teaspoonfuls in hot oil in a deep fat fryer. Cook at 350-degrees until golden.
    Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Re: Hush Puppies

I love hush puppies dipped in tarter sauce
    Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Cindy View Post

I love ANYTHING dipped in tartar sauce!! Been looking at hush puppy recipes lately. A friend gave us an old-timey Ozark cook book when we moved here and some of the recipes look awesome!
      "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Funny you should say that Luv! This recipe came from my Cousin that lives in Arkansas, and I also love Tarter Sauce....I hope you all will love these. I usually don't care for Hush Puppies, but these are very good. Can't picture a Catfish Dinner now without them...LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Cindy View Post
          You will love these Cindy!

Comment

I just want you to know there will be no fish made with these since I am allergic to all fish and seafood, but I will eat these as if there were some kind of fish with them!!!
            Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

check this picture out..

this is from our last fish fry, i fell in love with this one. lol who wouldn't!!! looks like he was hugging me, eyes, nose arms... funniest part is, my oldest DD wasn't home when we ate that night she was working, i saved it, let it on the table, since it was so cute and all, DD walks in comes in the side door, kitchen is all clean table is all clean and there's this hushpuppy on the table leaningup against the salt and pepper.
              she says' " AWW you had hushpupies !!!!!" grabbed it and ate it. gone
              i freaked out, NOOO don't eat it !!!!!!! it has caracter ! aww hell... by now she's spitting it out in the trash thinking it had germs on it. but yea she killed it.

rest in peace little hush puppy....

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...d/IMGP0707.jpg
              I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Sorry to hear that Cindy, but glad you can eat the Hush puppies!

Comment

Stella, I tried to bring the picture up and got the message that the video / picture has been moved or deleted ??

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                    Stella, I tried to bring the picture up and got the message that the video / picture has been moved or deleted ??
                    wow i'll see what i can do to fix it,

i just moved all my food pictures to a food file in photobucket, but i copied the link from the food file.... i may need toload it again? lemme go see... BRB
                    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Theres a restaurant here called the Smokey Pig that has the BEST hushpuppies! They had whole kernels of yellow corn and chopped onion in them, and they fry them in golfball-sized round balls. They are to die for! Anybody have a similar recipe?

Comment

see if this one works.

same hushpuppy, only a different angle, this one wasn't moved.....

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...3/IMGP0703.jpg

Comment

wait wait wait wait !!!!!!!

i copied the img code. i thnki copied the wrong link... try this one..

i forget what board i am on... try this one lol geeze... monday's..........

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m270/Stella503/IMGP0703.jpg

Comment

It worked, looks so good. Can I come for dinner? LOL

Comment

of course!! except for this little guy is eaten already

Comment

Working...
                              X