what do i feed bunco tomorrow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do i feed bunco tomorrow?

i have company tomorrow, my cousin is coming.
    i don't want to spend all day in the kitchen....

i like to cook something great for them, because everyone else cooks quick, a frozen lasagna, chicken and dumplings, which i love but she always serves it on a plate with a fork. gwen always serves beef stew with to much onion and it's thin broth not thick... and diane always serves taco salad. patti always serves sloppy joes, right out of the manwhich package with chips..

in the past i have served crawfish etouffe, corn and shrimp soup, bbq stuffed baked potatoes, and gumbo, one time i served chicken fried steak.

everyone else always does the same thing, i always like to do somethign different, so people don't say ohhh yea stellas house, we're having XXX we always have that there..

i'm clueless.. my son said make a chicken fettucini and a crawfish fettucini, since i will have to double the recipe..

any ideas from you?
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Re: what do i feed bunco tomorrow?

I host my bunco on the 21st and am doing gumbo, cornbread and peach cobbler. What about a taco bar, or taco salad? Man, you doing chicken fried stead for 12 must have been a big job for you... I've done a green chicken enchilada casserole before with rice and beans.

Comment

Stella are you Cajun? My Husband and family are. He passed away in 2001. Family is in Kaplan,Crowley Louisiana area. I love Crawfish. That Angel Chicken was very good. Everything you fix is good, I am sure you will figure something out!
      Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Wow, you are fixing a full meal. My bunco group just served usually sweets after the game was over and nuts and snacks on the tables during the games. I don't have a clue what you could serve. But chicken fettucini sounds good, chicken tetrazini maybe. Turkey sausage pasta casserole, salad and french bread. Chicken Divan. KIng ranch chicken casserole. Stuffed chicken breast rolled up, stuffed with spinach and cheese, or stuffed with ham slice , cheese slice and rolled up.

Comment

Originally posted by TexAnn View Post
          Stella are you Cajun? My Husband and family are. He passed away in 2001. Family is in Kaplan,Crowley Louisiana area. I love Crawfish. That Angel Chicken was very good. Everything you fix is good, I am sure you will figure something out!
          yea i guess so
          my family is in thibodeaux, donalsonville, baton rouge, lake charles, gonzales, and central.

i am stuck in texas for the moment, this moment is lasting years tho i've been here for 7. execting to be here at least 5 more maybe longer. gotta get all the kids out of high school first
          I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

jana, i took someone else's month back in march, i did gumbo then i made two one was seafood the other was chicken and sausage. Dh was so kind to cook hushpuppies while everyone came in so they were fresh.

saltines for everyone with butter and mayo.
            i bet i'm the only one here who puts mayo on my crackers with my gumbo? i'd like to stay at 100 bucks for whatever i end up doing.

would like to make the green tomato cake for tomorrow, but i wasn't able to find green tomatos today. the produce stand was out... dang it

could make a cajun cake....... sigh..
            i cannot make a decision..

Comment

Stella, Mine is made with chicken, andouille and shrimp.... AND I grew up eating mayo on saltines and still do !! Can I borrow your DH for the evening to make me hush puppies??

Comment

sure, he does many things. when i freezer cook, he'll clean the kitchen for me.

he's cheap too !!

Comment

Originally posted by Stella View Post
                  he's cheap too !!
                  IT WAS GOOD FOR ME!!! LOL

Comment

did he add the swirl at the end? i love that.

Comment

Yep! How Did He Learn That! It's Awesome! Trying To Teach Dh, But He Just Can't Learn It. And That Pretzel Bobcat Thing!!! Omg!!! Just About Fainted!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stella View Post
                        did he add the swirl at the end? i love that.
                        Swirl at the end???? I know nu loved that!!
                        Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

oh gwad, please tell me he didn't use that fake carribean accent?
                          i can NEVER be serious when he does that. i just giggle so much.

Comment

I use to always make shrimp fried rice when it was my turn to host bunco

Comment

I Tried Not To Laugh, It Was Really Hard!!! (not To Laugh That Is!! ) Lol

Comment

Working...
                              X