Does anyone play bridge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone play bridge?

I'd love to learn. I saw on TV recently that the art is sort of dying cause younger people aren't learning. My parents used to play w/ friends often.

I remember trying to learn pinocle when I was a young adult, but the people trying to teach me were very competitive and YELLED at me when I made mistakes.

Maybe I'll check my area to see if any of the bridge clubs offer lessons.
    "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Re: Does anyone play bridge?

My husband and I signed up to take lessons together way back when we were dating, about 31 years ago. Our school district offered (still does) evening classes in various subjects, but I don't think they have bridge classes any more. We met some nice people in the class, and played with them and with friends for maybe five years or so. Then we had kids...and we haven't played in years! I hope you find a place to take lessons (do you have a senior center in town?) because it is fun to play with others that are learning along with you. (I know what you mean about being yelled at!) We always talk about taking a bridge refresher course, usually when we are in the middle of a hot game of pinochle or euchre. Cards are so much fun!

Comment

They DO have a senior center in town... I noticed bridge games posted in the local newspaper... I'll check it out!

Hmmm... offering babe the opportunity to learn to play bridge or take dancing lessons... wonder which he'll choose??

HA HA HA HA!!
      "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Luvs2eat: I just pulled out my fall program guide for our park district. Our senior center (part of the park district) is offering four bridge classes, from beginning to advanced; they are offering eleven different dance classes. Maybe tonight I'll ask my hubby, "line dancing...ballroom...or bridge refresher course?". Good idea of yours!

Comment

Working...
        X