• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caylee Anthony

http://www.wftv.com/news/17169161/detail.html

Caylee Anthony's Grandfather Says 3-Year-Old Has Been Kidnapped

POSTED: 12:02 pm EDT August 12, 2008
    UPDATED: 12:42 pm EDT August 12, 2008

OVIEDO, Fla. -- It's been 28 days since now 3-year-old Caylee Anthony was reported missing. Caylee's grandfather told Eyewitness News on Tuesday that she was kidnapped and the people that have her are being watched.

George Anthony told Eyewitness News he was supposed to meet in Oviedo on Tuesday morning with "people assisting outside the normal scope of things" and he seemed to suggest that the people are doing surveillance on kidnappers who he believes have his granddaughter.

"These people know they are being watched. They know it," George told Eyewitness News on Tuesday morning.

"Who are these people?" WFTV reporter Derrol Nail asked.

"I really can't get into that with you," George said.

"Are there people out there who can help you find these people?" Nail asked.

"Yeah, you would think that the people who have my granddaughter right now would be smart enough to turn this girl back in to her family. I don't want anymore of this going on," he said.

"You really believe that, George, with all the evidence out there to the counter?" Nail asked.

"Oh, deeply. You know something? Stuff that's out there so far, I hope I can say this as politely as I can, evidence that's out there is circumstantial. Evidence that's out there is being drawn up in someone's mind. Just because some things look like it's going in one way, it could go in a totally different way," he said.

During his time in Oviedo on Tuesday morning, he passed out shirts and fliers to random strangers who came up to him, but the person who he said he was supposed to meet in Oviedo didn't show up.

Eyewitness News asked if he has hired a private investigator and he would only say that the people who are doing the surveillance are private people who are helping him.

After his brief conversation with Eyewitness News, George hit the road with a Caylee billboard in tow. He said he plans on driving it to Sanford and possibly Daytona if time allows.

PSYCHIC TEAM SEARCHING FOR CAYLEE

It's been 28 days since now 3-year-old Caylee Anthony was reported missing and a psychic has joined the efforts to find her (See Images | Raw Interview).

Gale St. John said she had a vision of a place in Orlando near a lake, surrounded by trees and wildflowers. That is where she believes Caylee Anthony can be found, but not alive.

"It's just a feeling that we have. We don't like to talk about it because it hurts us," Gale St. John said.

St. John was the star of a planned cable TV show, The Body Hunter, and now she has a team searching an area near Lake Conway with cadaver dogs. Gale said that she was not just doing it for TV, she was also asking for donations on her website.

Since the low budget show has not debuted yet, St. John said donations were the only way she could afford to travel.

"Geez, I wish I wasn't losing my house right now. So if I'm making a profit somehow, it's not doing me a lot of good," she said.

St. John has not promised anything, but said she had something to offer.

"Can we be wrong? Yes, but we're doing more than sitting around talking about someone missing," said St. John.

Re: Caylee Anthony

I am intrigued by phychics - but this lady seems as though she is doing it for the wrong reasons.

Comment

They interviewed those psychic detective or body hunters, as they call themselves, on TV this morning. I found it interesting that besides being psychic they also had cadaver dogs with them. I would think that if you are psychic you wouldn't need a cadaver dog ??
      I think the grandparents are living in denial. If they really know who has the girl and where she is , why not get the FBI involved ?? Something just doesn't sound right , to me at least.

Comment

if she was kidnapped and being watched, then we wouldn't be sitting here today wondering where she is.
        I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Originally posted by Stella View Post
          if she was kidnapped and being watched, then we wouldn't be sitting here today wondering where she is.
          EXACTLY! IF THEY KNEW WHO HAD HER, THEY WOULD HAVE GOTTEN HER OUT ALREADY. I THINK MOM AND GRANDMA KNOW WHERE SHE IS ALIVE OR DEAD.

Comment

I think grandpaw should wake up and smell the rotten rose of his daughter!
            "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

Grandpa usually doesn't even talk to the reporters, it's usually Grandma who shoots her mouth off.

Comment

I agree with you all. I do keep hoping that she is alive, but you know they say the first 48 hours are the most crucial in solving most cases. Bums me out and makes me angry to even talk about it. Of course they are all lying now. Don't you think the FBI has jumped in by now?
                Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

But don't you think the FBI would be involved if there was concrete evidence that she is alive?? In other words not having two cadaver dogs pick up on something. I believe if the police felt she was alive then they would/should have issued an amber alert.

This case just upsets me beyond belief - I just don't understand any of the family members. I think they are missing something upstairs.

Comment

As the old saying goes, "The Apple doesn't fall far from the tree." Cindy and Casey sure both act alike. In denial big time..

Comment

Did anyone watch Nancy Grace tonight? I'm watching now, and something Cindy said makes me think she knows Caylee is dead.. She was saying that they get a lot of threatening emails, so now they just delete everyone who they don't know... What if one of those were the so-called "kidnapper or babysitter" with info about Caylee?

Comment

Has anyone seen or heard anything out of the boyfriend, Tony?

Comment

Luv, he's been cleared of anything from the beginning. And he has been cooperative with the police too. He had no clue that Caylee was missing, even during the time Casey was out hooching it up.

Comment

I couldn't agree more with you Jana!!!!!!!!!!

As the old saying goes, "The Apple doesn't fall far from the tree." Cindy and Casey sure both act alike. In denial big time..
                            The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

Originally posted by floridagirly68 View Post
                              I couldn't agree more with you Jana!!!!!!!!!!

I agree! Something off with the whole family, it seems. Thanks Jana, I had heard very little on him.

Comment

Working...
                              X