sugar-free gum toxic to dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sugar-free gum toxic to dogs

I just read that sugar-free gum that is sweetened with xylitol can be dangerous for your dog. Just 8 sticks of this gum can kill a 65 lb. dog. I had never heard of this problem. The xylitol in the gum causes a sudden rush of insulin to be released, causing a rapid drop in blood sugar. It can also cause liver failure. Just wanted to pass along this info.
    Be kinder than necessary. Everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Re: sugar-free gum toxic to dogs

Thanks!!!!

Comment

Thanks, Not That I Gove My Dog Gum. But I Will Put This In My Memory Bank For Future Reference.
      SHEL

Comment

Originally posted by SHEL View Post
        Thanks, Not That I Gove My Dog Gum. But I Will Put This In My Memory Bank For Future Reference.
        Ditto ! ! !

Comment

Its a good thing to know...I have to laugh about visualizing a dog chewing any king of gum...LMAO!
          Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Yeah well our dog always got to my son's gum. No matter where on his desk he put it. She would find it and eat it. It did give her minty fresh breath though!!

Huffle
            God grant me the serenity to accept the yarn I cannot return... courage to change the yarn I can... and the reciept to know the difference.

Comment

Working...
            X