advice on surprise 50th birthday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice on surprise 50th birthday

We are giving a good friend of mine a party. I need ideas for a gag gift. Please something imaginative. I don't want to do a cane, depends, glasses, Geritol, all the usual stuff. Also, we are spending the night out that night about 8 ladies. We want to play a silly game where you have to answer silly questions like describe your first kiss. Could you all help me come up with more questions? Thanks!!!!!!!!

Re: advice on surprise 50th birthday

i am a party pooper, I think that gag gifts for a birthday is mean.
    i think that a birthday is a celebration, a blessing that you are a year older, you made it in this horrid world another year, a blesing is wished on you for another year.....

however, when my dad turned 50, he had one of every magazine given to him, in the middle was a centerfold of him, he was photoshopped in on a sexy body that wasn't his.
    photo shop at it's finest 17 years ago... today you can do that a little better and put headlines in it.

just my opinion, but give her blessings instead of having fun at her expense.
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Make her a lollipop tree of 50 lollipops with a card on it that says something about turning 50 SUCKS!!!! Or get her one of those hand-held fans (like those oriental ones) and write on it something about "Don't make such a fanfare about Menopause because growing old ain't for sissies"!!!! LOL

As far as questions, since she was born in 1958......maybe do a "theme" of silly questions that have to do with the year she was born. You could also purchase one of those "year you were born" books at Spencer's Gifts........if you have one near you.........I got myself one when I turned 50 just because the book was so darned interesting!!!

I'm also sure if you search the internet, you can come up with tons of fun ideas. Have a great time!!!
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

Hey Stella, I totally agree with you on the gag gifts. I am buying her two very nice gifts but wanted to put something silly in her gift bag along with the good gifts. I don't like wasting a lot of money on silly gifts either. This girl has the best sense of humor. Everyone coming is buying her good gifts because what goes around comes around!

Comment

Love the 50 sucks idea!

Comment

I like Krub's idea of the lollipop tree and card.. I was lucky on my 50th, no gag gifts, but many gift cards for $50...

Comment

I agree with gag gifts being a waste of money as well........so sorry I mentioned some, I must have misunderstood what you wanted in ideas.
              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

nooo krubic

that's fine, don't be sorry, i think you gave the answers she was looking for.

i like the 50 sucks i guess, but thing is perhaps it really doesn't.??

but you can get a styrofoam ball and plop it in a flower pot, so it jsut does fit tight, and stick all in there.
                I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

maybe you could do a timeline on her.
                  there are sites somewhere that'll say this day in history...

do a comparassion time line, the day you were born such and such happen the day you turned five this happened, and you were starting kindergarten.
                  when you were ten you were _________ and _______ happen in history...

all the way up to her birthday.
                  the day you turned 50, all your friends gathered around you, and embraced you with love and blessings, and the united states brought home more gold medals than any other country. something like that. all postive things..

Comment

Stellar idea Stella !!

Comment

Krubinic, I liked your ideas and that was what I was looking for. Thanks for your suggestions!

Comment

Originally posted by janabanana View Post
                        I like Krub's idea of the lollipop tree and card.. I was lucky on my 50th, no gag gifts, but many gift cards for $50...
                        That is a cute idea! I think those $50 gift cards would be a good idea...helps take the edge off of turning fifty,,, Lol! You are so right Stella, we are all so very blessed and life is a Celebration. It's fun to be silly though...if the person has a sense of humor.
                        Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Stella...now that was a really good idea!! You are so good!
                          Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

You're right Stella, I guess being 50 isn't all that bad..........it's just that my 48th and 49th years leading up to 50 weren't so much fun due to a lot of unexpected surgeries and procedures those 2 years.

If anything, 50 is making me more aware that I need to get my butt moving in taking better care of ME!!! Maybe instead of saying 50 SUCKS with the lollipops you could say something like, "wishing you 50 more SWEET years to 100"!!!!! LOL

Comment

a year and a half ago i was cryin' over turning 40.
                              Let's-eat-cake sent me a pm telling me to enjoy 40, and she wishes she'd see 40. let'seatcake died a few days after that pm.

my cousin laura is battling cancer, that's landed in her lungs, (not really called lung cancer, i cannot spell what she has, synovial sarcoma, started in her arm) she'll be 39 on the 25th this month. we pray she'll live to see 40.

my favorite aunt in the entire world died at 47. drunk driver.

celebrate the life you are given. celebrate the love of your friends and family around you. and celebrate your health.

Comment

Working...
                              X