edamame anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• edamame anyone?

I have been having a love affair with edamame lately. I've been buying it at Sam's Club where it is packed for the microwave. I have been eating almost every day for a month. Anyone else like them?
    A man of words and not of deeds, is like a garden full of weeds.

Re: edamame anyone?

i have no idea what that is.

but a love affair sounds fun!!
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Yes, big hit for me... Great fat free healthy snack.

Comment

Originally posted by Stella View Post
        i have no idea what that is.

but a love affair sounds fun!!
        LOL fresh soybeans!

Comment

yep. Shelled for a snack and without shell in stirfries or fried rice.
          www.southernjewishprincess.com

www.funnynotslutty.com

Comment

I've been wanting to try Edamame (baby soy beans) myself. It's supposed to supply a lot of the protein that vegetarians need in their diet. Not that I'm a vegan, but recently I've been reading a lot about "eating clean". Glad to know that Sams Club sells it too because I like to shop there (and Costco) a lot.

Tell me though (and I realize not all Sams Clubs are laid out the same), is it in the frozen section or would I find it with the fresh veggies around the salads, etc???

Found this info about them just for our edification......Fiber-rich carbohydrates such as Edamame help prevent mood fluctuations by keeping blood-sugar levels steady. It also contains protein, which further helps stabilize blood sugar, and omega-3 fatty acids, which have been shown to combat depression.

Edamame beans contain higher levels of abscissic acid, sucrose, protein than other types of soybean. They also contain a high source of vitamin A, vitamin B and calcium.
            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

Great Info Krub!
              I haven't ever heard of them either.
              I do know that soy is good for Menopause as well. I think we could all benefit from them, in many ways.
              Are they tasty or bland...What would y'all compare them to?
              Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

I have ordered it as an appetizer at a local Thai restaurant and they are coated on the outside with coarse salt, which you really don't eat, since you just eat the inside bean, but it permeates the bean. My son has been asking me how to fix it at home, I will be watching this thread for any info.

Comment

Just steam the pods for a few minutes and grind on lots of salt!! We love the frozen already shelled ones too!!
                  "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

At Sam's, I buy them frozen, in a box. The contain 8 pkgs. to a box. Each one needs 3 minutes in the microwave and has a packet of sea salt to sprinkle. You just put the pod in your mouth (holding on to the end) and then squeeze. They pop right out of the shell and you also get a taste of the salt that is on the shell. The reason I like these better than the already shelled ones is that is makes a great snack and it is finger food. I also buy them in the freezer section at my grocery, but they are already shelled and for whatever reason, I don't get as excited about eating them.

What do they taste like? Kinda like a lima bean but not the same texture. They are a little firmer. I can't really describe the taste but to say that I am shocked that I love a soybean so much that I eat it almost every day. I am not a veggie lover at all. So there is something in there that is mild and appealing!

Comment

dd wants that for her birthday dinner! funnyh, huh ?
                      I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Comment

I like edame beans. My grocery store, in their deli, sells edame as a salad, it's some kind of vinegratte ( sp? ) dressing, so good.

Comment

Working...
                        X