bareMinerals Users?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bareMinerals Users?

On using the bareMinerals which do I use first? I have the foundation which I'm guessing is first followed by mineral veil then the warmth? This stuff is messy, powder all over the bathroom. I got this from my DD who no longer wanted it so I'm trying it out. It feels nice on, no heavy makeup, that part I like. But its so darn messy.

Re: bareMinerals Users?

Probably one of the few make-ups without parabens. Hope it works for you. DD loves the lightness of it.

Comment

Ok, first I want to say I luv luv luv this stuff. Yuo have to get the hang of how fine the powder is. I actually use the cover of an old Cover Girl loose powder. I keep it in my makeup bag. I tap however much powder in I want in it. I feel like I use more than that lady says to use. Oh well. I paid for it, right?! :P And the brushes help to have. I bought the starter kit so it came with foundation brush (called light stroke I think) and a concealer brush and an eyeshadow brush. Oh and a medium/heavy foundation brush. I use that one more. Shorter chunkier brush vs. light stroke which to me puts hardly any powder on my face. I use light stroke for warmth and mineral veil.

Foundation first. U can use your foundation for concealer before or after putting foundation on. I usually do it after thinking that when I am 'buffing' my other makeup on over it that it would rub off. Who knows. I luv that I don't have to buy another item for concealer and it's in the same container. Genious.

Conceal now if you didn't before.

Some people use the radiance at this point. It's more like a highlighter. Don't go buffing this stuff all over your face desiring that glow thet are talking about or you will look so pastel and shimmery. Unless that is your thing. I use mine as an eyeshadow. Dip your finger in water and then into container. Apply. Instead of this step I use the warmth. Seriously u only need like an 1/8 of a teaspoon. Maybe less. I like to put a pinch in and then put some on my face using the light stroke brush and if I feel I need more than do I put more in my cover to swirl around. I feel like if I put the whole amount in at first my brush picks it ALL up no matter how much tapping I do. Then I look like I bronzed barbie doll. The warmth is what the name implies. I call it a bronzer, but it's not shimmery which I like. I like too that where the sun doesn't hit me so well, like my neck, I can put it there to even out my tan. Not that I am dark. I have had my little tub of warmth for over a year and I still have almost 1/2 left. It lasts forever. I know people reading this are going to cringe and say to toss it, but if I still have it by Christmas I will I promise!

Last I put on mineral veil. It's just like really fine loose colorless powder. Goes on so light I luv it. And 1/2 the time I don't put it one when i am just at home. Who cares how flawless my look looks at home right? Sorry DH. And you can reapply minerl veil anytime you are feeling not fresh. JK. I just wanted to sound like a summer's eve commercial. But u really can put it on whenever. I am a combination skin person so i put more on my T zone. I work in a resaurant. Hope this novel here helps. Don't be afraid to ask anything. I have used this for like 2 years and at first I thought what was all the hype about, but I realized how fast it was to put on. And u don't have to buy and use every product they make. I always hated wasting time for my liquid foundation to dry before i could move onto step two. That's my biggest plus. If you really think it's messy try another brush. Like I said earlier I think the light stroke (name should be on handle) is a messy brush. I prefer the handy buki. That's the one I mentined earlier and couldn't think of the name. Good luck. Keep trying it. You'll learn to appreciate it. It is kinda pricey, though. If you were used to Cover Girl or some other drugstore brand. I went from Clinique so it wasn't that drastic. I also get it shipped to my house by joining their club. Get 20% off and free gifts here and there. I like that psrt becuase it's only at select stores. Like one in my hometown area. Closest next place is Milwaukee. That's over an hour away. No thanks.
      www.thenewmommiezblend.blogspot.com

Comment

Oops I kept calling the brush that I thought was messy the light stroke. It's actually called the flawless face brush. Sorry if i confused you. I noticed this as I was putting on my face for the day.

Comment

I love that stuff! I conceal first (I have splotchy skin sometimes) then apply the foundation & the mineral veil. If I use the warmth I take the brush to the miniscule amount that is in the cap. You never have to touch brush to pot because there is such a depth to that color that you only want to use as little as possible to make it look natural.

Comment

I am also a convert to Bare Minerals; love the stuff.

My problem isn't the mess (I don't really have any), but rather the length of time it takes to do my face. I use 'summer bisque' with my concealer brush to cover up any redness in my cheeks or splotchiness. Then I take the same concealer brush and use the foundation to brush on a 'base' for my eyelids. This gives my eyes an even tone to put my eye makeup on. I also use the foundation/concealer brush to sweep under my eyes and even out any dark areas. THEN I use the big brush (I think it's Kabuki) all over my face w/foundation. Then I put my eye shadow on and THEN I use Mineral Veil all over my entire face to set everything.

I wish I could make the whole process faster.

Comment

I use Avon's Ideal Shade Mineral Makeup. I love it! At $7.99 I think it's a better bargain. Avon also has Smooth Mineral Blush at $5.99, and Smooth Mineral Eyeshadows in gorgeous shades for $4.99 each. They also sell the brushes to go with each of these products for $2.99-$5.99 each. They are smooth and wonderful.

How's that for a sales pitch?? lol
              Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Comment

I tried the Avon version and this is just my opinion, but the 'mineral veil' goes on waaay heavy. Like cheap loose powders do. That was using my expensive Bare Escentuals brushes.

If the brush that you are referring to that is really short and fat. Like it only has a small silver 'handle' and is really bushy....it's supposed to put on a HEAVY coverage and I found it terribly messy. How long have you used this makeup routine? It took me a couple of months to get it down pat. The amounts and brushes I liked, etc. I think it looks real natural too. Like sometimes I go glam, but for the most part it covers really well w/out looking like you are caking it on. And I like if I have any left I just tap it back into the container. No waste. I do have to brush off my shirt a tad. I really get into it. LOL.

Comment

Richelle, is the warmth considered a blush? Should I use it like I would a blush? Its quite dark. I have two brushes one is a short squatie-fat brush the other is about 4 1/2" it just says bare escentuals on it. I just started using this today, I've had it for a couple of months but wanted to use up my other make first. I hope I can get used of this stuff. Thanks everyone for your help.

Comment

I actually use the Mary Kay version of bare minerals..and love it too! I use a large cap also and tap in the amount I want. then swirl and go.

I have NEVER been able to "cover up" my slight rosatia (sp?)...this stuff does it!!! makes my skin look flawless

Comment

I don't have any problems with the Avon mineral make up. I've been using it since it first came out. It took about a week to learn how to apply it right. The brushes are wonderful IMO. None of them are short and fat. They're very high quality brushes.

Comment

Ally, you can use the warmth as a blush. It works good for me to do so since I have olive toned skin. I am not dark at all. When I am applying it I try to tap off as much as possible and then brush it on where the sun naturally hits your face. Cheeks, chin, forehead, etc. I don't really use a blush on a daily basis. Sometimes feel it makes me look too done up. So to me this warmth looks more natural. I go quite a bit lighter with it in winter. Like just apply less and maybe in not as many spots. Did your dd give you the DVD or little booklets to go along with makeup? Those help. If not check out Leslie's website (Bare Escentuals/Bare Minerals). http://www.bareescentuals.com/ You can watch little movie clips to help.

Comment

I was using the Loreal mineral products (Bare Naturales) because I wanted to see how they worked before I invested in Bare Minerals. I found them to be very messy! I learned quickly to put on my makeup while I was naked because otherwise it would get all over my clothes. Then I stopped using them entirely because I was finding that my face was looking too "powdery". Maybe its just my old skin, but to get the coverage I needed, the finished result always looked like I had a bunch of powder on my face and THAT didnt look natural at all.

Comment

I use the bisque for a concealer too and I have a lot of redness & other spots that I like to cover up. It still only takes me about 5 minutes to do my whole face from concealer, foundation, blush, mineral veil lipstick and eyeshadow(s) to mascara! I don't think my face looks 'powdery" at all! And I don't have an issue with messy powder flying all around! And the one thing that sold me the most was that in the summer when I get sweaty it doesn't effect my makeup! No white droplets running down my face like I got with a cheaper version (L'oreal) of mineral makeup that I tried before! Nothing but praise from this girly girl!

Comment

Originally posted by cottun View Post
                              Then I stopped using them entirely because I was finding that my face was looking too "powdery". Maybe its just my old skin, but to get the coverage I needed, the finished result always looked like I had a bunch of powder on my face and THAT didnt look natural at all.
                              Hey have old skin, too. lol If your face looked too powdery, you were probably using too much on the brush. You have to use it sparingly. JMO

Comment

Working...
                              X