Pedipaws or Peticure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedipaws or Peticure

Does anybody have any experience using these gadgets on their dogs and cats nails? They are battery operated nail trimmers. Looks like a good idea to me. They are advertised quite a bit on TV. But was wondering if anybody has tried them. My DD has a bunch of dogs and cats and I'm starting to look for Christmas presents for her.

Re: Pedipaws or Peticure

I saw that and am thinking about getting one. They seem to work fantastic. A lot less trauma on the dogs.....I hate clipping nails and am anxious I am going to draw blood. I do think I would skip buying the refill sanding drums though. You should be able to get those at the hardware store since they are the same as used for those dremel type things. You might want to check first though. To be sure they have them and see if they are cheaper there then on TV.

Huffle
    God grant me the serenity to accept the yarn I cannot return... courage to change the yarn I can... and the reciept to know the difference.

Comment

I hope someone out there has tried this. DH wants this product and I thought it seemed silly, but I guess it is supposed to be tons safer. I say this now because a couple of months ago I got the quick on my poor pooch and he nipped at me. I felt sooooo bad. DH was all accusing me of trying to kill our dog. LOL. He was holding him for me while I trimmed. He wasn't doing a very good job telling me I was going to slow and such. Then look what happened. Last time I did it by myself, but just feel better with him helping. My main complaint of not bringing dog to groomer is that at home his nails seem worse after I clip them. Like he scratched the living daylights out of my legs. Doesn't this gadget smooth them or something?
      www.thenewmommiezblend.blogspot.com

Comment

I would like to know if this works too! I have a cat with Thumbs and grows a nail in between the thumb and paw, and he freaks out everytime we go to clip his nails.

Comment

I'll add myself to this list. I only have my dog that I need to do her nails with, but I think this would be easier, it is a pain to gt her to sit still for this.

StephanieM

Comment

My niece has show dogs and says it is just an expensive dremel tool. She has been using a regular dremel tool bought at a home improvement store for years.

My dd tried to use her small one that she got in a manicure kit on her little dogs and they flipped out at the sensation
            Last edited by Hayburner; 08-17-2008, 01:32 AM. Reason: addition

Comment

Its GOT to be better than a Dremel tool! I used one on my Golden once, I guess I had it going way to fast because it slipped of his nail and got all caught up in his hair.

Comment

I too am tempted every time I see the commercial, but I've resisted so far.

As far as cats go, I just always used human toenail clippers. I always do the grandcats' nails. I just scoop 1 up, sit in in my lap like a child, i.e. the cat's back against my body, and clip away. My one DD swears her cats 'won't let her' do that.

Comment

We have a Peticure and I can tell you that the cat hates it and runs. The dogs are scared too death of it. I followed all directions on how to get them used to it. I loaned it to a friend and her pets hated it too so it sits in a box in the laundry room on a shelf.
                  They also sell a Safe Guard made to fit the Dremel Rotary Tools instead of buying the Peticure. IMO it's basically a dremel.

Comment

When I saw the commercial, I thought "There really are dogs that would sit still and let somebody do that to them?!?!" My dogs? Never in a million years! I do have one kitty that will let me cut her nails with regular clippers, but my 2 dogs and my other kitty are a lost cause as far as me trying to do it for them! I have the vet do it, and I make sure I am not there to watch when they do it. I imagine the vet has to almost hog-tie them to get it done.

Comment

I have never heard of a Dremel Tool. What is it?

Comment

I also use the dremel to do our shelties nails. As far as the hair getting caught in the dremel, my DH usually do it together, but I have heard if you use one of your old hose knee high stockings, slip it over the paw, let the nails poke thru, the hair will stay out of the way. On a puppy, you kind of have to get them used to it, do one foot, praise the dog, give a treat, then do another foot, praise, treat, etc. Once they get used to the whine of the dremel, you are home free. A dremel is a electric tool, that is kind of like a small disc grinder. You can get them at Lowes, Home Depot, etc.

Comment

Working...
                        X