Flavorwave-Turbo - anyone have one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flavorwave-Turbo - anyone have one?

I thought it was the nuwave but it was the Flavorwave I saw this morning on TV. Anyone have one? Do you like it? Is it worth it?

I only cook for one so it would save oven usage.

http://www.thane.ca/products/housewares/flavorwave-turbo/flavorwave-turbo.php

Re: Flavorwave-Turbo - anyone have one?

Rube, i love mine, but order from amazon.com,you get all the other stuff free.

Comment

They don't sell them through Amazon.ca and there were none available online at Amazon.com

Comment

the flavor wave and nuwave are the same,try a search on both

Comment

They did have the Nuwave but didn't list what all was included.

Comment

Rube, I got a really good toaster oven and use it more than my regular oven. (I am usually cooking for 1 because DH travels so much) My toaster oven will take a 7X11 pan and even my 6 portion silicon muffin tin. It is a Brevatti and I got it on a half price sale at Canadian Tire. Love the thing.
            Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Thanks Ginger - I have a toaster oven as well and love it. However, I'd really like something I could make a complete meal in instead of using my crockpot. I'd like to have a roasted chicken occasionally and the crockpot won't do that and get the skin nice and crispy

Comment

Ahhh (light bulb going off over head) now I understand. If you get one, give us a review please.
                Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

I just bought the platnum model best investment ever. I put my toaster oven into storage untill my son comes to pick it up

Comment

bump

Rube did you ever buy the Flavorwave?
                    "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

I couldn't find one that didn't require a gazillion in S&H charges. I'll keep looking though. There is an outlet (read wearhouse probably fell off the back of a truck, wink wink) kind of store near my office. I'll check them out as they sell many "as seen on TV" items.

Comment

Up until about 2 months ago I had a Jetstream Oven from American Harvester. We used it at least 2 times a month and had it for about 7 years. I'm thinking about getting one and wondered which one would be better.
                        "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

The Flavorwave and Nuwave arent the same. Im pretty sure of that. The Flavorwave, has a Halogen light. From researching before I bought the Nuwave, people stated that the Flavorwave will smoke if grease splatters on that light. I love my Nuwave oven. I finally convinced my friend to buy one, and she called me ranting and raving how great her steaks came out. Her husband said he doesnt have to use the grill anymore! I make Filet Mignons from Frozen in there, 9 minutes on each side. I cooked frozen turkeys and chickens in there and they came out excellant!

Comment

Originally posted by Rubelishous View Post
                            I thought it was the nuwave but it was the Flavorwave I saw this morning on TV. Anyone have one? Do you like it? Is it worth it?

I only cook for one so it would save oven usage.

http://www.thane.ca/products/housewa...wave-turbo.php
                            Yes, I do have one and it has been with me for 4 years...did a good job for all those years...I have to get a new one though because it got crack on the fiberglass cover...though the electrical part still working fine...I decided not to get a replacement for the fiberglass and instead opt to get a new one...four years is enough service for that poor working guy

Comment

I've had all 3 models of the FlavorWave!! I loved them all! I have the Turbo now but I prefer some of the things on the Delux, like digital stuff. Turbo has dials you have to screw around with and it just goes DING! But, still.... I love my FW!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X