Bar Made of Ice Coming to LV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bar Made of Ice Coming to LV

Mandalay Bay here in Las Vegas had an article in the newspaper that in late September they will be opening an Ice Bar.The entire lounge will be made entirely with frozen water - the bar, the seats, even a wedding chapel. They hope to draw 2000-3000 people a week. You will be issued parkas, mittens and ski boots (they're required). Temp will be 23 degrees Fahrenheit. It will be so cold that guests will be allowed to stay only half an hour (even employees with special cold suits are limited to 45 minute tours of duty).Admission will be $30, includes one drink, although each of the 50 patrons allowed inside at a time may purchase an additional two drinks during their half-hour stint. But the only booze available at the ice bar is vodka. No cameras are allowed, professional photographers will snap shots of guests and sell them for $25 at the door. I think it will go over really big here. But I personally wouldn't pay $30, but next time I'm at Mandalay Bay I'll try to peek in the door for a look and give a report back to you all.

Re: Bar Made of Ice Coming to LV

Well, those parkas and mittens will certainly be a contrast to the usual dress in LV, won't it. Some of the girls I saw there looked like they needed a coat on for sure!!

Comment

Sounds absolutely fascinating!
      Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

sounds drippy...I mean dreamy

Comment

I just saw one like that recently on the news. It was in another country. It takes all kinds!!!
          Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

WOW, we are leaving for Vegas coming Sunday. Staying at the Palms. We just may have to check that out.

Comment

I cant even imagine. If I saw it once, and if I was only allowed to spend 30 minutes at a time inside, its probably not a place that I would be a return customer to. So I guess it may be a must-see for a first-time tourist. But regular customers? For 30 minutes at a time? I just cant get my mind around what it would cost to keep an establishment like this one going and what kind of profit they expect. Pretty risky financially for the owner I would say.

Comment

You watch... some bimbo will get their tongue stuck to the bar.

Comment

Mandaly has an ice vodka bar called Red Square. guess this is going to compete.

Comment

that sounds really neat. i'd go.
                    i'd prolly get my tounge stuck to the bar
                    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Sabine - This Ice Bar doesn't open until the end of Sept. Jenny

Comment

darn, I guess I just have to go back LOL

Comment

Working...
                        X