Amityville horror 1979

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amityville horror 1979

trying to find out what else this woman played in besides this movie. the original movie, i know it was re done in 2005.
    so far i have fiqured out her name is Mellisa george.
    spelled funny and yahoo keeps pulling up Melissa George, different person...
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Re: Amityville horror 1979

I don't know, sorry. But, loved the book, didn't care for the movies.

The year I read the book, I named my pig (for Ag in school) Jodie, after the ghost pig in the book!

Comment

This is Melissa George, in the remake, when you put 1979, I assumed you meant original, like it made any difference, I still didn't know! lol

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0313534/

Comment

Margot Kidder was the original Mrs. Lutz. In case you wanted to know.

Comment

I love IMDB. It's a great website. And I also did not really enjoy the movies. Just like The Shining and The Haunting of Hill House. While reading the books, my imagination created waaaaay more terror.
          Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger View Post
            I love IMDB. It's a great website. And I also did not really enjoy the movies. Just like The Shining and The Haunting of Hill House. While reading the books, my imagination created waaaaay more terror.
            Exactly!!! I love all the Steven King books, just don't enjoy the movies like I do the books! I read "IT" several dozen times, along with "The Stand" just don't like the movies. Kids and DH loved the movies! Go figure! lol

Comment

I loved The Shining ( movie ), didn't read the book.

Comment

Nu, bet your DH and kids didn't read the books first. I have also read 'It' a few times.

The one and only time I read 'The Shining', I made DH stay up with me until I finished it. I could not go to bed without finding out if the kid actually got out of there but I also could not sit up alone at 2 am to find out. I still have the book and have never been able to read it again.

What was the King book about the batteries and the guy who had the plate in his head so he was immune? Can't think of the name and it is driving me a little (more than usual) nuts.

And what was the name of the sequel to 'Itl'? I swear this Sometimers thing is getting to be a 'Mostofthetimers' thing.

Comment

Sorry, I grew up just 2 towns over from the actual "HOUSE"...it was a favorite Friday night date-haunt sight in the 80's...but I never saw the movie...I really didnt need to...I lived it... .

Comment

How cool is that, sew? ((turned out to be a hoax afterall, but the story was fantastic))..

Stella, the original Mrs Lutz (Margot Kidder) was in the first Superman movie, she played Lois Lane.. maybe that's where you remembered her?

Comment

Wow!! I always thought the house in the movie looked like it had a 'face'--windows where the eyes would be and a door where the mouth would be. Did the actual house look like that?

Funny/strange thing happend to me the first year we were in this house. One cold, bright, sunny winter day, I walked into the spare room and thought that I had stepped into the Amityville house. The whole window was covered in, what looked like, houseflies--just like in the book and movie. Thank goodness these just crawled around and did not form words or I would have been out of here so fast!! It turned out that this area has something called 'Cluster flies'. They hibernate in window crevaces, under siding etc. in winter, and get a little 'fiesty' when the sun warms them up.

Comment

well i had her name wrong, lol guess that's why I couldn't find her lol

so what was it like growing up with this story nearby? why did they fake the story?

DS is watching this movie, it's a freebie from the cable selections..
                        I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

YES, the "movie" house looked EXACATLY like the origianl house...it was VERY CREEPY! I remember seeing posters and signs for the big movie premier (It was a local legend here). They have changed owners SEVERAL times and have made so many renovations to the house that I dont even recognize it anymore...and I think that was the point.

A family did die in the house...that much I remember. The flies and blood dripped walls...a little hollywood folk lore. or maybe it was "cluster flies" LOL

Comment

Working...
                          X