Planning DD's birthday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning DD's birthday

She's turning 19 on Sept 10 and I offered her either a birthday dinner or cake. (She get too excited to eat both, then you-know-who finishes off the cake. )

She wants sushi and DH also likes it, so that we can order, and as I said on another thread, she wants edamame with it. I hope that's going to be enough for the two of them .... she said something about ordering 2 rolls for each of them? Does that sound excessive ?

DS and I get something else, no idea what, though ...
    I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Re: Planning DD's birthday

How big are the rolls? IIf you have ordered before, you should be able to gauge how much you will need.

And you could always make birthday cupcakes instead of a whole cake. Maybe 9 so that there would be 2 for each of you and 1 extra for the birthday girl. You could put 2 candles on 8 of them and 3 candles on the 'extra'=19 candles.
    Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

are rolls a standard size ?

Comment

rolls are pretty much standard...depending on the filling that is. My DD (who is only 9) can eat 2 rolls by herself.
        The rolls here range anywhere from $3.00 each to $9.00 (again, depending on the filling). If she picks something like softshell crab with roe...it will be way more.

If you think about it...2 rolls at $3.00 each is less than you would pay at McDonalds. Our bill for the family of 4 sushi night runs around $45.00...but we ALWAYS have lunch the next day

Comment

Choc - Can I come....I love Sushi....I'll even pick it up for ya!
          "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

loves it !

Comment

Working...
            X