Fried squash HELP needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fried squash HELP needed

I would like to fry some zucchini. My problem is that every time I fry it half the breading falls off. Please give me some ideas on how to make the breading actually stay stuck to my squash. Thanks
    Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Re: Fried squash HELP needed

Walk us thru the proceedure please. What steps do you take?
    Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

I usually mix some buttermilk with an egg and dip them in that and then flour. I am thinking of using bread crumbs instead of the flour?

Comment

Try dipping in egg mixture , dusting/dipping in flour, dipping in egg mixture again and then in bread crumbs. You might also try throwing a bit of parmesan cheese into the bread crumbs for more flavour. That is the usual procedure for anything that is 'breaded'.
        Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

1. cut them in slices the size of pickle chips or just a little thicker.

2. dust them in the seasoned flour

3. put them in buttermilk

4. then back in flour

5. then in 350 oil till done

*season flour- S/P garlic powder, cayenne pepper and what ever else you want in it just test it with one veg. before you mix all of them.

you can do pickle chips, mushrooms, onion rings (purple) and chicken breast the same way. I did it for years at Bobby V's
          "Copykat Chat Forums" on Facebook, look it up!

E-Foo

Comment

Are you sure the oil is hot enough?
            www.southernjewishprincess.com

www.funnynotslutty.com

Comment

I slice mine, dip in egg/milk liquid, dust with flour, dip in egg/milk and then coat with panko crumbs/parmesan cheese mixture. So nice and crunchy!!

Comment

After reading your messages, I have always done the double dip as well. I have just never used the bread crumbs or Panko crumbs the second time around. I hope using the bread crumbs will make a big difference I will let you all know. I am doing them tonight or tomorrow night. Thanks!

Comment

I just went through a "dredging" lesson last night with DH and I think the trick is to dip in egg/milk/whatever, dredge in mix/flour/breadcrumbs but the secret is letting it sit for about 10-20 minutes for the coating to stick. Mine always comes out great when I let it sit.

Comment

Dry, Wet, Dry... Always Works For Me.

Comment

Alton Brown indicated that food should be dipped in either flour or, if crispy is desired, cornstarch before the egg mixture, then lastly another dry coating -- seasoned flour, bread crumbs, crushed corn flakes, ...

Comment

Going to have to try some of these suggestions. I never make mine like this. Usually I just cut them up and fry them in some bacon grease with onions. Maybe toss in some cabbage or potatos with them.

Comment

Working...
                        X