Mrs. Fields Files Bankruptcy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mrs. Fields Files Bankruptcy

I guess not many people can afford expensive Mrs. Fields cookies to go along with Starbucks coffee.

Mrs. Fields Cookie Chain To File For Bankruptcy
    August 15, 2008 06:55 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read More: Mrs Fields, Mrs Fields Bankruptcy, Mrs Fields Cookies, Business News

Cookie retailer Mrs. Fields Famous Brands LLC said on Friday it plans to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection to help restructure its business, according to a U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission filing.

The company, which licenses and franchises about 1,200 Mrs. Fields Cookies and TCBY frozen yogurt locations worldwide, has begun soliciting votes from creditors for a "prepackaged" bankruptcy reorganization plan.

Re: Mrs. Fields Files Bankruptcy

i heard this on the radio several days ago, i forget how long they said they have been in business..

why buy them when there is "THE CHEWY" recipe ??
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

I haven't heard of The Chewy recipe but from the sounds of it, its good. After your post I did a search and there are different versions, Food Network, Big Oven, which do you use?

Comment

the one from alton brown.

there is a huge difference with the bread flour. makes all the difference, and i do actually use the ice cream scoop.
        they are huge and perfect on the stone ware.

i add pecans to mine. I love love love chicolate chip and pecan!
        I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Thank you!

Mrs. Fields was such a beautiful woman and had a beautiful family and just looked like she had it all going for her, so sad to see this happening to her. I think she would have made the most money if she were to make more cookbooks.

Comment

Have you tried converting your other cookie recipes using bread flour?

Comment

no i haven't.

i should, but we aren't huge cookie eaters or cookie bakers here.
              we like the sweeties, pink and white cookies.
              and dh's favorite is the dreamsicle cookie.

Comment

It seems that a lot of good businesses are filing these days. Sad...
                Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

most good things, unfortunately, come to an end

Comment

JMHO--She's probably got more money stuck back somewhere than most of us will ever see.

Comment

I was never really a fan of her baking. I have to agree that I bet she has plenty of money. It is the Company filing not her.
                      Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

I seem to remember that she actually sold out years ago, whoever bought her company kept her name, but she is not really part of it ?? I don't think I ever had any of her cookies.

Comment

is she the one who sold her cookie recipe for $150, in that crazy passed around story ?
                          I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Comment

I think that was Neiman-Marcus, & wasn't true, if I remember correctly.

Comment

I decided to make Alton Brown's cookie recipe "The Chewy" today, just to see if it was any good. We all loved it. I used a smaller cookie scoop than he suggested so the cookies were more normal-sized, not huge like you'd get at the mall.

I did have a problem with the temperature, though. They say to bake at 375 degrees but the bottoms were browning too quickly. How can I fix that? I didn't have any parchment paper... was that it? I tried turning down the temp a little but I actually liked the batch that was baked at 375 better, even with the browned bottoms. They were crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside.

This was a great recipe.

Comment

Working...
                              X