EDD... Pulling my hair out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EDD... Pulling my hair out!

I've been trying to call the Employment Development Dept. all day. Cannot get through! I finally emailed them from their site and asked that someone call me. Maybe they will. On Sat. I received an envelope from them with no check in it. I was really counting on that check being in the bank today, too. They say I filled out my form incorrectly or something. I have to call them by the 25th or I'll have to refile. Arrgghhhh!!!! I'll just keep calling and trying to get through. They won't even let you wait on the phone! Now I can't go anywhere in case they call me.

I guess I'll pack some more knick knacks and just wait and see if they call.
    Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Re: EDD... Pulling my hair out!

i don't know what the employment development department is...
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Originally posted by Stella View Post
      i don't know what the employment development department is...
      It's where you get your unemployment checks from.

Comment

i thought you sold avon?

is employment develpment office different than the unemployent office?
        I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Monday is the worst day to call any business.

Comment

I lost my part time job at the City library last May, I think it was. I've been getting unemployment from that. I am still an Avon rep but don't even consider that a job, really. I don't even sell enough to report taxes on anymore. I haven't even made President's Club for the last 3 years. Rick is an Avon rep now and sells more that I do. I just got tired of doing it after 22 years. I'll never quit though. I like getting the personal discount.

I don't think there is such a thing as the Unemployment office, Stella. It is called the Employment Development Department. I still haven't gotten through on the phone. I sure hope I can tomorrow. I have to get through to them by the 25th or I have to refile. Bother!

Comment

yea, here it's the unemployment office, in louisiana it was called the unemployment office as well. guess california calls it something different.

Comment

Beatle, I really don't know much about it but if you can get down there and see someone in person & get it straighten out, you may have a better chance of getting a check. It could be some little thing that caused a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by roset View Post
                  Beatle, I really don't know much about it but if you can get down there and see someone in person & get it straighten out, you may have a better chance of getting a check. It could be some little thing that caused a problem.
                  I'd first have to find out where the office is around here. I've done everything on line so far. If it isn't too far, I just might do that tomorrow. Getting through on the phone is impossible. Thanks for the suggestion, roset.

Comment

In KS its the unemployment office but they don't really have an office its all telephone & computer. My mother is going around & around with them about her checks too. Can't get a "real" person most of the time when she calls.

Comment

Originally posted by sameoldkris View Post
                      In KS its the unemployment office but they don't really have an office its all telephone & computer. My mother is going around & around with them about her checks too. Can't get a "real" person most of the time when she calls.
                      I might start calling my elected officials. Maybe a state legislator for her district?
                      Behind every successful man is a surprised woman.

Comment

blech, hope you got through today!

Comment

AGAIN, I thought something TOTALLY diff when I read the topic of this thread...

Comment

what does EDD mean?

I never collected unemployment, but I know people who have, they have to go look for employment and document it, call in every week where they applied, from what I understood it was a pain in the neck, and the money they recieved was so much less than if they were working.
                            Just seems stressful, mentally since you cannot get through on the phone, and the envelope was empty.. and stressful finacially, stressful in looking for employment, if you choose too.

Comment

I think EDD is the Employment Development Department. I used it after I moved here to help me find work. Our local office even had Friday group sessions where vets could gather and use the veteran's resources that were available through the EDD. Pretty cool stuff.

I collected unemployment back in the '80s when I got laid off from United Airlines. It was about $700/mo, which in those days was a whole lot of money for yours truly. I ended up getting rehired before I found another job.
                              Behind every successful man is a surprised woman.

Comment

Working...
                              X