Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frugal Living

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Frugal Living

    Ok, I am trying to do better on spending. I am looking at various sites and I found this recipe site--Check it out!

    http://betterbudgeting.com/frugalrecipelist.htm
    Nommie

    Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

  • #2
    Re: Frugal Living

    Frugal................What's that????

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Frugal Living

      I looked at some of the main dish recipes, and I noticed a lot of canned soups are being used. They are usually high in sodium, lot of mixes. So I wonder how healthy the recipes are?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Frugal Living

        Frugal - when you gals give up all the frufrus you've been buying for no reason over the years. For some reason this never affects the guys

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Frugal Living

          Nice site...thanks. I saved it.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Frugal Living

            Three things I refuse to give up are pedicures,my womanscaping(waxing) and haircuts/perms. Of course, there is only me and I have to look at my spending. One big area I need to work on is groceries (and waste)......
            Nommie

            Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Frugal Living

              You have to live frugally when you are me. I had to give up a lot of things when DH died. You learn to do it when you have to. It's tough though. I will not give up my wine...hehehe...thats my nerve tonic...lol! Got any recipes?
              Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Frugal Living

                I am with you Nommie. There are certain things I will not give up and that includes manicures, hair highlights, cuts, whatever else, my maid, my window cleaning service, yard service etc. etc. LOL
                I know I waste money on groceries, I find it hard to shop and cook for two. I always make too much. And I shop and plan for meals and then plans change and the stuff sits in the fridge and eventually gets thrown out. That's the problem I have.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Frugal Living

                  Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                  I am with you Nommie. There are certain things I will not give up and that includes manicures, hair highlights, cuts, whatever else, my maid, my window cleaning service, yard service etc. etc. LOL
                  I know I waste money on groceries, I find it hard to shop and cook for two. I always make too much. And I shop and plan for meals and then plans change and the stuff sits in the fridge and eventually gets thrown out. That's the problem I have.
                  That's my problem!!!!
                  Nommie

                  Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Frugal Living

                    dammitol, I miss the maid and the yardman the most!
                    Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Frugal Living

                      Originally posted by TexAnn View Post
                      You have to live frugally when you are me. I had to give up a lot of things when DH died. You learn to do it when you have to. It's tough though. I will not give up my wine...hehehe...thats my nerve tonic...lol! Got any recipes?
                      Same here after I left my ex... And no way I will give up my wine either !

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Frugal Living

                        Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                        I looked at some of the main dish recipes, and I noticed a lot of canned soups are being used. They are usually high in sodium, lot of mixes. So I wonder how healthy the recipes are?

                        Found this:

                        Homemade cream soup mix


                        Ingredients

                        2 cups powdered nonfat milk
                        3/4 cup cornstarch
                        1/4 cup instant chicken bouillon
                        2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
                        1 teaspoon basil dried basil leaves
                        1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
                        1/2 teaspoon pepper
                        Method

                        NOTE: To use in place of canned cream soups or as a base for your own soups. Much lower in fat and salt than the canned versions. The trick is to have it made up, ready to use.

                        Mix well and place in an airtight container. (I use a pint jar.)

                        TO SUBSTITUTE FOR ONE CAN OF CONDENSED SOUP: Combine 1/3 cup of dry mix with 1 1/4 cup of cold water in a saucepan. Cook and stir until thickened. Add to casseroles as you would the canned product. Makes the equivalent of nine cans of soup.

                        I know boullion is high in sodium-what about soup base?
                        Nommie

                        Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Frugal Living

                          Yes, boullion is also high in sodium. I have never used soup base, but I would think it's high also.
                          LOL, yes, the trick is to have it made and ready to go. That's were I would fail.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Frugal Living

                            I Prefer The Soup Base, It Is Real Salty Also. So I Just Don't Salt What I Put It In.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Frugal Living

                              My problem would be all the packaged stuff too
                              Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X