STFU already!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STFU already!

We got a letter from another attorney, Pat, with his calculations of what interest should be on a client's personal injury claim. Scott told me to send a letter to the Judge in the case agreeing with the figures in Pat's letter. Easy, peazy, right?
    The interest is calculated at a daily rate of $12.33.
    I asked Scott what date he wanted the interest calculated through (today's date or the date they issue the checks).
    He sat down at my desk and picked this letter apart, piece by piece, for 20 minutes with me. By the time he over-complicated the whole darn thing, I wasn't sure what the hell he wanted.
    Glad it's golf day. Hope he gets hit by lightening. (J/K) LOL

Re: STFU already!

**WAVE** Heya AgnID have not seen you post in a while. I miss hearing about your office stuff. Hmm Just thinking you may have been posting and with me up in bed I have just missed it. Oh well Glad to see you either way.

Huffle
    God grant me the serenity to accept the yarn I cannot return... courage to change the yarn I can... and the reciept to know the difference.

Comment

Sad to say, I'd put my a-hole, micromanaging boss up against your a-hole, micromanaging boss any day...maybe we should get together and vent to each other. It's hard to make someone who's not around him on a daily basis understand what a jerk my boss really is.

Comment

but this is why he gets paid the big bucks, which in turn pays you.
        I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

I gotta agree with Stella on this one... You have to put up with all the s*it, to pay your bills.

Comment

There's nothing worse than a boss that micromanages. I've quit jobs like that. Just tell me what to do and I'll tell you when I'm finished!

Be strong and just think: Someday you'll be retired!
            Behind every successful man is a surprised woman.

Comment

After 18 years together, I usually know what he thinks, and needs, before he does.
              He's a lawyer, he over-analyzes everything and talks in gibberish when he gets obsessed with something.
              I'll talk to a client:
              Insurance company offered $ to settle your claim
              We pay back your meds in the amount of $
              Atty fees in the amount of $
              Out of pocket costs in the amount of $
              And you take home $
              Accept offer, or no?

Scott takes them back to the conference room to "explain" a deal to them and they come out with a blank, dazed look on their face. I usually hand them a letter "confirming our conversation" as outlined above and they "get it" and look at me like, "Why didn't he just *say* that?"

I don't know if it's a "man" thing or a "lawyer" thing. Or if he just likes to hear himself talk. *laughing*

Comment

after 18 years together you didn't know he'd pick the letter apart? lol

it's a lawyer thing, it's what they do. they have to be legal in everything they do.
                I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Working...
                X