Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where's florida girly girl?

anyone heard from her?
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Re: where's florida girly girl?

It's been 3 or 4 days now... I hope Fay didn't mess her up...

Comment

Nope. Haven't heard from her.
      Behind every successful man is a surprised woman.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea View Post
        Nope. Haven't heard from her.

well, i'm worried about her. she hasn't posted in several days, and I wasn't sure how she managed with Fay barging in through the neighborhood.....
        sweet pea, where do you live? are you on the coast at all? have you lived through a hurricane? tropical storm right off the coast? it's horrible.
        I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Originally posted by Stella View Post
          well, i'm worried about her. she hasn't posted in several days, and I wasn't sure how she managed with Fay barging in through the neighborhood.....
          sweet pea, where do you live? are you on the coast at all? have you lived through a hurricane? tropical storm right off the coast? it's horrible.
          I've lived through three hurricanes, a typhoon, tornadoes, a couple of earthquakes, ice storms, blizzards. I think that's it. Heck, that's enough!

I was just being silly. Wasn't Fay downgraded to a tropical storm? I'm sure your friend is fine. Florida's homes are built pretty tough.

Comment

she's not just MY friend, she's a friend to many here.
            that's what we do here, care about one another. I realize you are new and don't know her like I/we do.
            no matter how tough the homes are built in florida, they can still flood, and a tree can still slam through a window, or fall through a roof. she can still lose electricity, and lose her freezer.

Comment

I know last time I talked to her she said it was taking almost all her time taking care of her mother.She seemed very tired and worn out. Maybe she is just taking a break.

Comment

The last time Floridagirlie posted, she said her mom was going thru a really bad dimentia episode. Wish we could do more than just offer her hugs and a place to vent.
                Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Originally posted by Stella View Post
                  she's not just MY friend, she's a friend to many here.
                  that's what we do here, care about one another. I realize you are new and don't know her like I/we do.
                  no matter how tough the homes are built in florida, they can still flood, and a tree can still slam through a window, or fall through a roof. she can still lose electricity, and lose her freezer.
                  The point of my post was that I'd only been here 2 days and she hadn't been around for 4 days. It was posted tongue in cheek. Not only that, but you mentioned nothing about the fact that she was in the path of the hurricane.

My dad lives in Tampa, but he's not in the path. Maybe girly girl lived in Tampa, too. Or Jacksonville. Or Orlando.

Comment

I thought she said she was going out of town or was going on vacation . I hope all of our Florida friends are out of harms way!
                    Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Is she in one of the towns that has been or might be hit?

Comment

If I Remember Right, Last Time She Posted, Said Mom Was Having A Bad "dementia" Day, That May Last Several Days, So It May Still Be Going On. It's Really Hard On The Family Who Has To Take Care Of "sick" Loved Ones, Sometimes It Makes The Family Ill, So Hopefully She's Taking Care Of Herself.

Comment

We should keep her in our prayers.
                          Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Working...
                          X