X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's for breakfast ??

I'm having french toast casserole.
    what you having?

HEY there's always a dinner thread! why not breakfast?
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Re: what's for breakfast ??

Well, um, it's not even 8:30 here in California, so I have no idea! Usually I have cereal.
    Behind every successful man is a surprised woman.

Comment

but see the dinner threads are sometimes out at 7 am. so i didn't see what the difference was lol
      I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

I have the same thing every morning... Cooked egg whites on toast with miracle whip and tabasco... The toast might change between whole grain or dark rye.

Comment

Stella, I really never eat breakfast. DH loves it so we may go out on the weekends. DD has gotten into my habit too of not eatting breakfast. I wish she would. I have gotten frozen items but she doesn't seem to get into it. DH love breakfast, I really should get into it for just the weekends, he loves that meal. Just seems are big mess to clean up. But I really need to try because DH is a big breakfast fan.

Comment

breakfast is the most important of the day..

think about it, for us, we eat dinner at 530/6.
            then breakfasst is at 7 or 8 that's 13 to 14 hours between meals.
            you need breakfast to jump start your day !!

Comment

Stelllaaaaaa.....! 7 or 8 ?? That early? I don't eat breakie til 10... And ITA, it's the most important and best meal of the day !

Comment

Breakfast is so starchy, though. I mean, you're either weighing yourself down with pancakes, or you're loading yourself up with fat and cholesterol with bacon and eggs. You just can't win!

Breakfast is my favorite meal to eat out. Give me that stack of blueberry pancakes with a mountain of whipped cream on top!
                Behind every successful man is a surprised woman.

Comment

still, even eating at 9 or later, what time is dinner the night before?
                  that's a long time to go with the groceries in the tummy.

7 or 8 am is late really for breakfast, once school starts, it'll have to be more like 6 am.
                  thank goodness I have breakfast in the freezer, i have french toast casserole, french toast, 4 loaves. breakfast burritos and then there's oatmeal cream of wheat..

Comment

Stella.. LOL on the cream of wheat... I have that often for dinner ....

Comment

ohh I love cream of wheat in a white bowl
                      and a slice of butter. I'm like a little kid, I like to make sculptures in it.
                      that and grits. but I am the only one here who'll eat grits, and you cannot eat just one grit ya know.. i need to eat thousands, millions... at one sitting.

Comment

Now before Paula Deen, I have never heard of grits.. So I go buy a box, and I see no difference between grits and cream of wheat... Here in CA, you don't see grits on menus. Nor do you see hush puppies, unless you're at Long John Silvers. YUCK...

Comment

cream of wheat and grits.

is a difference like
                          kernal corn and hominy..

grits are bigger. different taste.

I like fried grits. and grits with dinner. garlic cheese grits..
                          butter with cheese for breakfast.

but i think fried is my favorite.

Comment

How funny... I just went to my cupboard, poured out some grits and some cream of wheat from the boxes, and they are just the same.. My brand of grits is Albers. Anyway, what's the deal with fried grits. That too, I have never heard of.

Comment

basically you pour left over grits into a sprayed loaf pan.
                              sit over night or for several hours.

when cold, they stick together... so pop out of the loaf pan, slice dip in egg and then seasoned flour or cornmeal or a floour cornmeal mix, or for us, zatarian's fish fry.

ta da !

Comment

Working...
                              X