Niagara Falls, Canadian side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niagara Falls, Canadian side

We will be staying 2 days at the Falls, Should We change Our U.S. Dollars to Canadian?
    Any tips for Places to eat, Is the Restaurant tipping scale the same (15% to 20%)?
    Thanks to all for any help or suggestions for the area.

Re: Niagara Falls, Canadian side

I wouldn't really bother changing money. Especially that close to the border, most places will take either. They are so close these days, that you would probably end up losing because of what the banks charge to change money. Yes, tipping is about the same, altho I tend to stick closer to 15 than 20%. Sorry, don't have any suggestions where to eat.

If you have time, and are so inclined, try taking a wine tasting tour. My DS has done so a few times and thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

No need to worry about the money, just take plenty, lol. It's quite a bit more expensive on the Canadian side.

Comment

Thanks Ginger, that I is what I was thinking about the money.

LOL Shumway, We did get a good package deal through the Ontario Parks Department.

Comment

There is a cafeteria just opposite the Canadian falls that has very good choices and is of good value - there is a gift store downstairs. The Happy Wanderer is an excellent German restaurant as well.

Go to the Duty-Free mall - ask and you will be given directions from a friendly Canadian.

Comment

and take LOTS of pics and send me some!
            http://weatherpixie.com/index.php?&h...=AZ&place=KFFZ

i didnt loose it! ...........i sold it on ebay!

Comment

Working...
            X