House Warming Gift??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House Warming Gift??

My daughter and her husband just bought a new home and will be moving in soon. Any suggestions for a house warming gift? She already has plenty of plants!

Re: House Warming Gift??

birdhouses
    birdfeeders
    windchimes
    garden items
    welcome sign
    welcome mat
    picture frames
    Home Depot or Lowes gift card

Comment

I Saw Somewhere, Was It Here? Someone Threw A Wedding Shower For People Who Already Had Everything, Had Been Either Living Together, Or Had Their Own Places, The Shower Was A "honey-do" Shower, Everyone Got Things They Would Need To Do Honey-do's Around The House. Hammers, Screwdrivers, Saws...etc. I Thought That Was A Good Idea. That Is If They Need Anything Like That.

Comment

A GC for a restaurant, or pizza, chinese, any food delivery place. What could be better, after a day of cleaning and unpacking?
        Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Originally posted by tastebud View Post
          birdhouses
          birdfeeders
          windchimes
          garden items
          welcome sign
          welcome mat
          picture frames
          Home Depot or Lowes gift card
          I agree with Tastebud...

Comment

I suppose it would depend on what they have. I know here winter is just around the corner (fruit harvest) and I got a fantastic Krups juicer at an auction that separates the pulp and seeds, can't wait to make my own tangerine juice and we have a killer persimmon tree and they are a bear to get the fruit out of, gonna try the machine.

Most used wedding gifts I got: Toaster oven, electric frying pan, electric griddle and nice wood T.V. trays.
            Other suggestion: Lowes gift card or Wal-Mart

Comment

I would love any of the things tastebud suggested and also plants. I don't have any plants because I've been living in an apartment for 4 years. I would love a huge Creeping Charlie.

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Comment

she said she has plenty of plants.

what is the budget?
                i would think a lowe's or home depot gift card would be great, there is always things to be done in a new home.

if you wanted to get a gift instead,
                you could get a lawnmower, trimmer, leaf blower, patio furniture. chiminea, grill.

get one of those metal personally made house numbers. you can order them at lowes. get a personalized door mat.
                windchimes, i love mine !!
                get one of those weather thingys, i forget what they are called you set a thermometer outside and it reads inside what the rain is, temp is inside and out time etc.
                get them a new mail box.
                how about some landscaping? perhaps that needs to be done?
                stepping stones, garden decor.
                surround sound for the tv.
                DVD of the money pit lol i love that movie.
                cookware, kitchen gadgets.
                tool box.
                a vacuum.
                furniture, like a rocker, or a recliner.
                dvd player, tivo.
                book cases.
                i have no idea what they have, or need, or what they are buying. so i am out of ideas now...
                I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

I was once given a doormat with my last name printed on it. The mat was well made and it was kinda cool looking. I thought it a unique and interesting gift.
                  Behind every successful man is a surprised woman.

Comment

I bought my cousin a pewter engraved door knocker for their anniversary. It was beautiful, they loved it and it can move from home to home with them. Fortunately their last name was only 3 letters long but you could also do initials.

Comment

I loved all of these ideas...but...my ideas closely resemled Stella's with the gift card to Lowe's being my #1 pick!!! That's what I would like the most!! Winks...
                      Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Originally posted by TexAnn View Post
                        I loved all of these ideas...but...my ideas closely resemled Stella's with the gift card to Lowe's being my #1 pick!!! That's what I would like the most!! Winks...
                        The more I think about it, the more I think this is probably the most practical gift.
                        Behind every successful man is a surprised woman.

Comment

How about a stocked picnic basket?

Comment

well, did she want practical?
                            or did she want memorable?
                            did she want to go expensive?

anyone remember that cosby show? he gave his kid and her husband gold foil addres labels. which was cool at the time, but how often do people use those these days?
                            I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

I love wreaths. You could buy one that they could put on the outside of their front door. I've even seen some nice looking ones at Target. There are some nice ones for inside the house too...I love the dried flowers and leaves...so pretty and there are so many options!

Comment

Working...
                              X