Kicked the Pug out! (not literally)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kicked the Pug out! (not literally)

So DD and BF buy a Pug and plan to share "joint custody". BF's house had fleas, so they bombed it twice. Come to find out they are infested with fleas in their yard and can't spray anything because it will get into their well water. Guess who is delegated to take care of Pug while they're at work or going out? Well, hes 6 mos old now and not potty trained. He can go in and out here at his leisure. The sh*t hit the fan (literally) last night when he was outside for 20 min. came in and peed on the carpet. While cleaning that, I noticed he had also left a little "doodle" in front of the fireplace! If that isn't enough, this dog barks at everything. He sits in the front window and will bark at a car. If he finds nothing to bark at, he will entertain himself by chewing on my drapes! Enough!!! I called DD who was house sitting (and caring for someones elses dogs I might add) and told her to get him OUT! I packed up his crate, food bowls, toys and had them ready by the front door when she and BF arrived. Today he is at Doggy Daycare. I don't know what they're going to do, but hes not coming back here. I do feel sorry for the Pug. It was a bonehead move on both their parts for buying him.

Re: Kicked the Pug out! (not literally)

It sounds like they are too immature for the responsibility-puppies take time and constant training...
    Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

Print out Jodilynn's thread (s) about dogs and give it to you DD and BF. Good for you Tastebud. Stick to your guns and make them take responsibility for their neglect.
      Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Awww, poor little guy. It's not his fault. They really do need a lot of attention. And he should have been potty trained way before now.

Comment

I feel for the puppy, too. They shouldn't have him if they aren't going to spend the time it takes to train him.
          Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Comment

I agree with everyone else. I once had the responsibility of a dog I didn't want so I know what you are dealing with. Pugs take a lot of time - they are COMPANION dogs and require much attention. Sounds like this poor little pug hasn't had much of that. Mine is actually sleeping on my arm right now as I type - and I wouldn't have it any other way. Maybe your daughter can call a rescue group that can find a new, doting home for their little guy. I'd do it before he gets any older because bad habits are hard to break.

Comment

Working...
            X