Computer question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer question...

I've always used my own photos as background on my desktop (wallpaper), but I've seen people have rotating photos. Maybe it wasn't wallpaper in that case...maybe a screensaver. Either way, how do you do this? How can I have a "slideshow" of my photos on my own computer without manually doing it every time?

Re: Computer question...

When I open "My Pictures" there is a box on the left that says "Picture Tasks." One of the choices is "Slide Show." Select the folder (or make a new one) of the pictures you want displayed, and just click the slide show option.

Comment

Thanks for responding Mary Jo. Actually I knew how to do that. Instead, I'm referring to when you turn your computer on. Or maybe when it's in screen saver mode. I just can't remember that part for sure. Ideally, I'd like to see random pictures when I turn my computer on, but I'm not sure that's possible, so if it can be done as a screensaver, that'd be what I'd want instead.

Comment

Maybe you need to buy a program?? Just a guess.

Comment

Maybe!!! That's what I'm trying to figure out!

Comment

I actually have a Dell 4700 with Windows XP. It's probably 5 years old. My MIL has this on her computer, but when I asked her about it, she acted like it was always that way since she bought it and she doesn't have any idea about it. She's not very computer savvy, so even though she has it, she's not the best one to ask.

Comment

Hmmm. My slideshow will play for as long as the computer is turned on but not being used, as long as the screensaver is disabled. I guess I'm still unclear as to what you are looking for. Sorry I can't help!

Comment

You're right...I can do that as well, but because I have my photos in separate folders, it won't play random photos in ALL the folders. Does that make sense? I know I'm having a hard time explaining this. Sorry. This "program" I'm wanting would play ALL my photos in a random order. I know it's not really a big deal, but I thought it was neat and if my computer already has the feature, I might as well use it. But I have a feeling it doesn't. I was hoping someone would have this and would be able to offer some input.

Comment

Also, it's an automatic thing. I wouldn't have to go into My Photos or anything like that. It just goes on its own.

Comment

webshots.com is the place u want to go. download the program, then u can ad your own pics. my desktop is different all the time and when it goes into screen saver mode, the pics change all different kinds of ways. its pretty cool. u can set it up how long the pics stay, how they change, how long before u are idol before it starts changing.
                    http://weatherpixie.com/index.php?&h...=AZ&place=KFFZ

i didnt loose it! ...........i sold it on ebay!

Comment

THANKS Chop! That's what I'm looking for! I was hoping it would already be on my computer. I think it was a feature on my MIL's computer when she bought hers. She has a dell with Windows XP and so do I, but I'm definitely going to try your suggestion!

Comment

Originally posted by chop View Post
                        webshots.com is the place u want to go. download the program, then u can ad your own pics. my desktop is different all the time and when it goes into screen saver mode, the pics change all different kinds of ways. its pretty cool. u can set it up how long the pics stay, how they change, how long before u are idol before it starts changing.
                        THAT IS WHAT I HAVE HERE ON MY WORK COMPUTER.
                        SHEL

Comment

Working...
                        X