I Woke Up To A Power Pole On My Car!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Woke Up To A Power Pole On My Car!!

Yep! That's right! A POWER POLE!! Thank God it's not the huge ones out by the street, but it is a fairly large one higher than the house.
    The last thing I said to Patrick when we came home yesterday from errands was, you had to park MY car near the power pole, if it goes my car is the first one to get it, then his mechanics mobile (work wagon with tools) and possibly his Bonneville too all parked in a row. Luckily his mom's truck was a little off to the side.
    Lucky for me it fell from the front a little to the side and hit the side frame on the hood and the top of the frame of the windshield. I think the frame lightened the blow because it doesn't look like the windshield is broke, but not sure if the frame is bent.
    The power line is draped across the yard though and we have to get the power company out and they have to cut the power to get the pole back up.
    My car has been parked in the backyard for a year and we just brought it up front to try to charge the battery (get to get my license back in a month!! ) and it wouldn't hold the charge that's why it is still sitting there.

I got some pics, will wait for the power guys to get more. It's still raining and I don't want to walk on the ground and get electrocuted. Will post later. Need to get a shower before I losr power!!!

Re: I Woke Up To A Power Pole On My Car!!

OMG!!! Glad you weren't in it keep us posted!!
    Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

First of all---glad that you are all okay. Did it wake you up...Wow that's scary!
      Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Originally posted by TexAnn View Post
        First of all---glad that you are all okay. Did it wake you up...Wow that's scary!
        Well, it sort of did, premonition a little late I suppose. I looked at the clock at 12:30 and then next thing I knew Patrick(who had been asleep) was coming into the bedroom changing out of wet clothes when I woke up suddenly at 1:30 am. So it happened in that hour.

The really bad news is that this is the power pole that the lines come to from the main pole in the middle of the yard. We have to maintain it. So our only recourse is to call the power co. they come out and shut it off. Then we have to hire a licensed electrician (even though he can do it himself) to put up a new pole and hook it up. Then we have to wait maybe two weeks for the power company to find the time to come back out and inspect us and turn our power back on!!
        His mom, on the other side of the property has power, but still we can't stay there and I have to figure out what to do with all the food. We have a generator, but no pole to hook it to. We may be able to run one fridge and run by lantern light. All this time I have to go to work everyday. I have to be in at 3 am on Sunday. We can't do anything until this storm passes and it is still right on top of us.
        So for now, I have to get all my wash done, clean the house and eat as much as we can out of the fridge so we don't have to move so much. I have a frig. freezer, another small upright freezer and another mini fridge! Anyone hungry!!?!?!?!??!

Comment

OMG, that is awful, I am sorry. But at least you are not hurt.

Comment

Maybe The Power People Will Buy You A New Car!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nuisance View Post
              Maybe The Power People Will Buy You A New Car!!!!
              I wouldn't hold my breath for that one.

Comment

Mdt - I'm not far from you. We've had rain constantly for 3 days now....SUCKS!

Sorry about your car.
                "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

It just wanted to go for a ride?

Comment

Glad no one was hurt. I hope you can get your car fixed or get another one soon.
                    Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Comment

Bummer! So sorry to hear about that. Yes, Ro-Ro, I don't think much of Florida has missed out on this storm system. At this moment, we have no rain. DH thinks the eye is passing over right now. If so, we should be getting the 'rainy side' of Fay soon. Hopefully, with minimal wind. A few dead branches down in the yard, but nothing else to worry about.

Mdt, check your homeowners policy, you might have some coverage there. Good luck with getting the power back on sooner that you think. That stinks!

Comment

Glad no one was hurt, that's scary!

Comment

Working...
                        X