stupid banana question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stupid banana question

when i by them, i pick one off different bunches so they won't all get ripe at the same time. i never see any one else do it my way. have i been doing this and it makes no different?

Re: stupid banana question

pardon ?
    I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Comment

My store sells bananas that are still green and won't be ripe for a couple of days. And then they sell the ripe ones. I usually get the green ones.

Comment

I do that too when I'm buying 5 bananas or more. If I'm just buying 4 or less, I go with the ripe ones because we'll have those eaten pretty fast.

Comment

the store nearest me charges more if you open pckages
          I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Comment

I do not like really ripe bananas. I purchase when they are still a little green. Something about them - they just get mushy to me. If they are bruised - I toss them or make banana bread.

Comment

i went back today. got one ripe one, one almost ripe,1 that will be ripe tues., and one that will be ripe wends. watched people pick up bunches of them that were all green, or ripe, or what ever. only saw me selectiong them i do do tomotoes...am i nuts?

Comment

Affirmative.

Comment

I only buy maybe 2 or 3 at a time. I know what you mean, though, since once bananas start ripening they get over-ripe in a real hurry.
                  Behind every successful man is a surprised woman.

Comment

but it's not like they go bad in a matter of minutes after you walk through the door.
                    buy however many you will eat with in the next three days. if you don't eat them then freeze them and make smoothies out of it later.

I cannot come back to this thread, any time bananas are mentioned I cannot get that banana hamock picture out of my head.
                    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

What banana hammock picture?

Comment

Originally posted by Stella View Post
                        but it's not like they go bad in a matter of minutes after you walk through the door....
                        Especially if you have the Debbie Meyer Green Bags.. "Do you want this..... or THIS!!"

Comment

I like to eat fresh bananas when they are still slightly green...no freckles...
                          When they do get freckles they are excellent frozen to enjoy like a fudgesicle with no fat...
                          Also they are better for Banana Pudding, Banana Nut Bread, and Banana Ice Cream, because they are sweeter and give off a better FLAVAH!!!
                          And........
                          THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A STUPID QUESTION!!!
                          Darling...that's how we learn! ((((Hugs))))
                          Last edited by TexAnn; 08-23-2008, 08:43 PM.
                          Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

so, today, i'm having another just right ripe banana.. wonder what those people who bought the bunch will do with there over ripe ones? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Stella View Post
                              but it's not like they go bad in a matter of minutes after you walk through the door.
                              buy however many you will eat with in the next three days. if you don't eat them then freeze them and make smoothies out of it later.

I cannot come back to this thread, any time bananas are mentioned I cannot get that banana hamock picture out of my head.

Banana hammock????? Nevermind....I probably don't want to know...LOL
                              The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

Working...
                              X