Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gotta love this...

Couple finally accepts invitation that floated in
    CANTON, Ohio — The invitation came from a balloon that landed in their yard 15 years ago. They waited that long to collect on the offer.

The balloons were part of a grand opening for Nicky’s Restaurant in Canton in November 1993. Balloons were sent up with cards attached offering a dinner for two.

Those balloons crossed Lake Erie and landed in Waterford, Ontario, in the backyard of Margaret and Ken Savory, who held onto to the balloons and the card.

After putting off their trip for 15 years because of various health problems, the Savorys showed up for their dinner Tuesday night.

“I think that in back of my mind I was hoping that one day I would feel well enough to see if the place was here,” Margaret Savory said.

Nick Augoustinos, owner of the restaurant, said he was happy to make good on the ancient offer.

“Wow,” he said. “I was shocked. It was amazing, and 15 years later these people save the balloons and the card.”

— WKYC, Cleveland

Re: gotta love this...

i would have done the same thing !! that's really cool.
    but as disorganized I am it would be worth it, just for hanging on to it.

wonder where they kept it?

and surprised the restaurant was still open.
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Re: gotta love this...

I wonder what they ordered... :-)

Comment

Working...
      X