Smokers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smokers?

Just curious who are smokers here.. Doesn't matter what you smoke..

Re: Smokers?

Raising my hand, unfortunately.

Comment

Hiding behind mew with hand slightly risen.
      ""Becoming a grandmother is wonderful. One moment you're just a mother. The next you are all-wise and prehistoric.""

Comment

I quit twice. the first time I stayed quit five years and dummy me missed the relaxing feeling I had I started again and smoked five more years. ,quit in March 1979 and still smoke free. now I can't stand to be around them.
        I organize chores into catagories.
        Things I won't do now; things I won't do later; things I'll never do.

Comment

i smoke like a train,about to try chantrix to stop

Comment

I smoked for 30 years. Quit 12 years ago, and am so glad I did.
            Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Comment

Have never smoked - but my parents did when I was younger. So I never really had to urge to try it.

Comment

I do......(Bad Lauren!)
                Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

we smoke chickens.

oh and did do turkeys' for awhile.

i don't care for ham.
                  I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

LMAO Stella...!! Oh, I failed to mention I smoke too... Not ready to quit yet..

Comment

I am not ready to say I am a non-smoker yet. I lost my sister Aug. 2 to COPD I watched her struggle for every breath the last 3 months she lived. We had to take her off life support that day. OMG she convinced me I had to quit. I started to quit June 13, cheated alittle for 2 weeks. It has been 7 or 8 weeks (I forget) without one. BUT OMG I want one so bad. I had every symptom of what my sis had so I really don't have a choice anymore.
                      I smoked 36 years.

Comment

rosie, one step at a time.

did you read that book a million little pieces? even tho most of the book was made up.... i did get a message out of it.
                        hold on.

if you can hold on for one minute, then five minutes, an hour, three hours, one day.
                        just hold on.
                        when that craving hits you, keep your hands busy. journal. type out something. anything, email me. get on MSN, crochet, call a friend. eat a peppermint.
                        cross stitch. get your hands busy. I'm proud of you!! keep up the good work. you have two weeks behind you. what day is 3 weeks?

my father in law died of COPD. not due to smoking.

my mother had open heart surgery, due to smoking. been a horrible two years for her.
                        she said my whole life the same catch phrases.... " gotta die sometime" and " I like smokin' " well now she's smoked 50 years, she's 66.
                        has no energy. she's teeter tottering being put on oxygen. she cannot leave the house, she cannot make it from the house to the car. she's out of breath....
                        she's sorry now. she see's it now. she cry's now. she wants to go fishing. she wants to walk, she wants to meet her friends for lunch...

rosie, you have two weeks under your belt !! woo hoo! reward yourself. buy your self something pretty. buy a charm bracelt, and add a charm to it at each milestone you set for yourself.

I'm proud of you !! *muah*
                        I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

smoked 1-2 packs a day from 16-24 stopped for 3years and then picked up ultra lights and started smoking 1 pack a week and only on work days never smoked at home, for 10 more years and started seeing myself smoke more and more and then just quit 2 years ago and WILL NEVER GO BACK! I guarantee it! ***** anyone want to know how I did it PM me and Ill try to explain
                          "Copykat Chat Forums" on Facebook, look it up!

E-Foo

Comment

efue, post it here.

congrats on quitting and making the choice not to start back up again.

Comment

i smoke too, desperately want to quit, but i am afraid i will get bigger than my house. I am going to go to the doc soon and get chantrix (spelling?).
                              Theresa

Comment

Working...
                              X