Questions about the board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about the board

How do I post a link so you can actually click on it? As it is, I have to cut and paste to open a link.

Can I embed a picture into a post?

Why does the quote feature turn out to be a string with [quote] before and after the text?
    Behind every successful man is a surprised woman.

Re: Questions about the board

no photo.

and the quote is just set up that way.
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Ah. So, it's the discount board!

I've been to other boards with this format (vBulletin), but they have a lot more bells and whistles.

Comment

yes, we know.
        I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Originally posted by Stella View Post
          yes, we know.
          Cool! I didn't know before now. Glad we cleared that up!

Comment

Stephanie posted once she disabled the feature to let you click on a link, because several people got virus's from clicking on them. So now it's cut and paste at your own risk.

Steph your doing a great job!!

Comment

Viruses?! Ack! No clicking on links for me!

Comment

Uh, oh. Maybe this thread will get locked. lol

Comment

I don't like 'cut & paste' either because then that link is in my drop-down box and I don't like it there. So I put it in 'google' or 'search', which makes an extra annoying step to see the actual photo or article. Even if I want to see someone's picture of the dish they've prepared, I seldom do so because of this.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryJo View Post
                    I don't like 'cut & paste' either because then that link is in my drop-down box and I don't like it there. So I put it in 'google' or 'search', which makes an extra annoying step to see the actual photo or article. Even if I want to see someone's picture of the dish they've prepared, I seldom do so because of this.
                    Stella had a bunch of pictures of her food. I picked the one that looked most interesting to look at. Cookies of course!!

Comment

Ouch, nice comment on the discount board

Yes, the links are disabled, but you do now have your own photo album in your profile. I have had complaints of people catching viruses from a few people clicking on links from the board. The quote bit I am trying to take care of, I haven't had the time lately to get that flagged turned off.

StephanieM

Comment

I've never understood what the big deal over the quote in brackets is. You know it's a quote and who quoted it.

Keep it up Steph, your doing a great job.

Comment

and you don't have to look at my pictures, I really don't care if you do or not.

i pasted the link that was given by photobucket.

I do not click on things where people post a subject " oh my i cannot believe this" only to find a link for me to click on to see what it is they cannot believe. it's insane.
                          those I do not bother with.

food pics, and pics of peeps kids, photobucket links I'll open. news links, you tubes, i don't always open. spammers that pop in here and say here's a deal for you, you cannot lose, that's a no brainer, game links, nope.

it isn't really brain surgery which ones to open and which ones not too..

Comment

Aw, Stephanie, I didn't mean it to sound like that. I've been to many a board and this is the only board I've ever visited that hasn't allowed linking. I was just thinking it was a cost factor. I've never run my own board, so I don't know the amount of work it requires or what it costs. I certainly didn't mean it as a dig at you.

Stella, I forgot to tell you that the cookies looked yummilicious!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea View Post
                              Aw, Stephanie, I didn't mean it to sound like that. I've been to many a board and this is the only board I've ever visited that hasn't allowed linking. I was just thinking it was a cost factor. I've never run my own board, so I don't know the amount of work it requires or what it costs. I certainly didn't mean it as a dig at you.

Stella, I forgot to tell you that the cookies looked yummilicious!!
                              So why make the rather unkind comment about this being a "discount board" ??

Comment

Working...
                              X