Spinoff of the fishing thread...funny fish stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spinoff of the fishing thread...funny fish stories

I know there is bound to be some funny fish stories that go along with fishing. What's your funniest fish story?

Mine isn't exactly mine, but was told to me by my son. My dh and ds went on a offshore party boat one day. They always take their own squid because what the boat has is usually old and falls off the hook easily. They had some whole squid (about 4-6 in. long) and my ds was baiting his hook and he set a couple of squid on the bench beside him (I know...yuck). Before he could react, a heavy-set lady in stretch pants sat down right beside him...right on top of the squid. My ds is shy, so he didn't say anything. When the lady got up the squid was gone. Ummm, it was kind of stuck and part of it was hanging out. My ds didn't know what to do and in typical male fashion, he just moved around to the other side of the boat. He always wondered what happened....if someone told her that she had squid hanging out of her crack, or she just lost it somewhere.

Re: Spinoff of the fishing thread...funny fish stories

Haha now that is funny!!

Well mine is not my story either but that of my brother. He is a professional fisherman on the bass shows on tv and travels around. He was paid to take out this heavier set lady and her sister on a lake in South Carolina one afternoon once he was done with a tournament. He was going to take them on a 3 hour fishing trip and "guide" them around the lake so that they would be sure to catch a fish.

This heavy lady had to go to the bathroom really badly. She told him to pull over to the side of the shore and let her out. The problem was she couldnt get out of the boat. He said she got one leg over the side and then the boat raised up and the other leg was in the boat. She was hanging over the side and her sister and he could not get her loose because that part of the boat went up so much due to the weight being off it.

He said the woman ended up peeing in her pants, when they finally got her free, she had some bruising on her leg that was hanging onto the boat and he had to just flip her out onto the dirt and shore...which when she tried to stand up she fell into the lake and got completely soaked ontop of her peed clothes. He was so embarressed and said the last hour of the fishing trip was just horrible. That was he very last "guide" service he has offered to anyone.

Comment

The first time my DD went fishing was priceless!! My older brother took her out when she was 4yrs. She was decked out in vest, old fishing hat and a Barbie fishing pole. He casted out for her and handed her the pole. He was getting my 2yr DS pole ready when she got a hit. Her eyes bugged out and Don showed her how to turn the reel. She is reeling and reeling and this fish was giving her little hands a fight. She screamed Uncle Donny it is a shark!!! She gets it close to boat and Don lifts the line. She has a 5" perch. she says I told you! He gets it off the hook ad tells her she has to kiss her first catch. She puckered up and kissed the fish smack on the lips. I hated I forgot camcorder but the pics I got are the greatest!!

Comment

LOL those are funny

Comment

Years ago, when I didn't have a fishing license and my husband had a double-sticker one, he asked me to hold his pole while he baited the second one. I did, and wouldn't you know it, IMMEDIATELY a ranger and new hire or intern maybe, materialized and gave me a ticket for fishing without a license. We told him I wasn't fishing and only held the pole for a minute while the other was being readied; he was an ***hole showing off to his new hire I guess and said it didn't matter, I held the pole and that's all it took. Ended up paying a $50 fine because it was easier than fighting it out in court.

Comment

I was about 5 and my Mom, Dad, aunt, uncle, cousins and I all went fishing along the banks of the Ohio River. I remember this like it was yesterday. My devilish oldest cousin told me the reason the dirt along the river look so black is because it was actually brownie dough (hey I was 5 and gullible). I said "Nahhhhhh" He said "Taste it, then you'll believe me" and pretended to taste. Ok....that was all I needed to take a big bite...started spitting and crying...told on him of course. Yuk, yuk, yuk...mean kid! lol

Comment

Haha those are funny! I laughed hard at the brownie dough! LOL

Comment

Just the week of August 17th went fishing in the upper peninsula of Michigan.. No sooner would I throw out my line than I'd be reeling in a fish. Well this one time this fish(or so I thought) was giving me a heck of a time I was gonna be proud of this one. I reeled it closer to the dock and could not believe my eyes. I had a snapping turtle on the line. It was about 12 inches around. My husband started yelling don't reel it in anymore walk with it on the line up to the shore. So I did. This thing was hissing and hissing. I yelled back to my husband take this thing off. Somehow he got that turtle off. It wasn't funny at the time, but looking back on it it was pretty funny

Comment

Working...
                X