new food pics if you wanna see.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new food pics if you wanna see.

I have finally loaded some of the food pics that have been in the camera.

if you are board and wanna see....

this is fiesta soup. topped with cheese and sour cream. this is a freezer dish.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m270/Stella503/food/IMGP1814.jpg

this is the pork loin DH grilled tonight. whole, and sliced. wasn't sure how to photo that one lol

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m270/Stella503/food/IMGP1826.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m270/Stella503/food/IMGP1829.jpg

this is gooey butter cookies. they are rolled into balls then in powdered sugar and baked. they have a lemon taste to them super yummy they are more yellow than this.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m270/Stella503/food/IMGP1836.jpg

this is french toast casserole. it tastes much better than it photographs. this may not make it in the album this is a freezer dish also

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m270/Stella503/food/IMGP1818.jpg

don't know if i showed this one before or not?
    this is corn and shrimp soup. it doesn't photograph well, it's a freezer dish also. when the other one is defrosted and eaten I will do better i think. this really doesn't look that good lol but here ya go

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m270/Stella503/food/IMGP1572.jpg
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Re: new food pics if you wanna see.

YUM!! Is the recipe for that Fiesta Soup posted anywhere? And the butter cookies?
    Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

The Fiesta Soup looks really good...I don't own a digital camera...if I did I wouldn't be able to figure it out until the next gadget came along..lol...sad but true,,,
      Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

lauren I am headed to bed. i need to get on a decent sleep schedule.
        I haven't posted the fiesta soup recipe. there may be one on the net, i used chicken instead of ground meat. i added black olives to the bowl rather than the pot the kids didn't care for it.

I will post both recipes in the morning if that is ok?

the cookies are killer !! ever have that chess box squares?
        where you melt butter and egg and mix with yellow cake mix press in pan and pour in a cream cheese mixture on top bake and sprinkle with powdered sugar? ever have those bars? it's called several different things.... these cookies taste like that.

I'll post them tomorrow am. 'night
        I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Will you marry me Stella? I do need your gooey butter cookie recipe please !

Comment

My son made Ooey Gooey Butter Cookies at summer school this year. He was so proud of his accomplishment. Those cookies were really yummy, too. I was surprised at how much they did taste like a Gooey Butter Cake.
            Spicy food speeds up your metabolism. Put salsa on your cupcakes.

http://find-teresa-butler.tripod.com

Comment

will have to dig out the fiesta soup one. i think it's in the car. ( i realize that makes no sense)

1 8oz package cream cheese soft room temp
              1 stick butter, soft room temp
              1 egg
              1 TB vanilla
              1 box yellow cake mix
              Powdered sugar

cream together cream cheese butter egg & vanilla. slowly add cake mix until well blended. chill for 30 minutes. preheat over to 350

roll dough into 1 inch balls. roll balls intio powdered sugar place, ungreased, sheet bake 14 to 16 minutes.

Comment

Everything looks yummy!

I'm anxious to see your recipe for the soup. I make a Taco Soup that DH loves so I'm always on the lookout for similar soups or variations - yours looks delish!
                My mother's menu consisted of two choices - take it or leave it!

Comment

fiesta soup serves 12

1 pound ground beef
                  1/2 cup chopped onion
                  15 ounce diced tomatoes
                  12 ounce Ro-Tel tomatoes
                  1 taco seasoning packet
                  1 ranch dressing envelope
                  1 cup water
                  15 ounce pinto beans
                  15 ounce kidney beans
                  15 ounce hominy

Brown ground meat in skillet with the onion. in a large pot mix the tomatoes, ro-tel taco seasoning ranch seasoning water pinto beans kidney beans and hominy. do not drain any of the canned items before adding them. when the beed if cooked drain and add to the pot. stir, heat through.

We don't like hominy, we used regular corn.
                  I used cooked chunky chopped chicken instead of beef.
                  and I added black olives to mine and Dh's bowl. kids didn't care for it in the soup.
                  I also added shredded cheddar and a dab of sour cream on top.

This is a freezer dish. the one in the photo was frozen reheated and served.
                  you can serve with cornbread, or fritos and crackers on the side.

this is also one of those dump and go soups that I like so much.
                  i think there are several different variations of this soup. this one I got from the 30 day gourmet web site

Comment

Stella - Could you post your french toast recipe too. Even chopped up it looks delicious!

Wanted to ask awhile back. Why did you make a spread sheet and starting cooking (I think) 50 dishes for the (I think) freezer.

Your probably a fantastic cook based on just your photos.

Thanks.

P.S. LOL if you don't marry Jana maybe you could just "service" yourself out to several of us!!!!
                    "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

Originally posted by Ro-Ro View Post
                      Stella - Could you post your french toast recipe too. Even chopped up it looks delicious!

Wanted to ask awhile back. Why did you make a spread sheet and starting cooking (I think) 50 dishes for the (I think) freezer.

Your probably a fantastic cook based on just your photos.

Thanks.

P.S. LOL if you don't marry Jana maybe you could just "service" yourself out to several of us!!!!

yea I will type it out.

Ro Ro, i freezer cook. i cook once a month for 30 days. not 30 different meals, like i'll make 2 lasagnas. for example. or i'll make 4 rench toast casseroles, won't eat all in one month, but then i have inventory for next month.
                      I helped a friend earlier this week, he planned 29 dinners, 4 breakfasts and several side dishes he spent 225.00
                      it averages about 200 dollars. depending on how much you plan and watching sales.
                      sves a ton of money, saves a load of time. and more in clean up. the meals are planned on a spread sheet, provided from the book...
                      total up what you need, subtract what you have on hand, and purchase exactly what you need. it's not as hard as it seems.
                      I have written out a 10 foot email in more detail if you or anyone else wants it pm me your email.

let me find the french toast one, i'll type it out

Comment

Wow Stella that sounds amazing. Yes, I'm PMing you right now.

Thanks!
                        "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

french toast casserole

1 italian loaf of bread (french bread)
                          8 ox cream cheese
                          1/2 cup sugar, divided
                          1/2 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
                          pecans (optional) ( 1/2 cup)
                          4 eggs
                          2 cups milk
                          1 teaspon cinnamon
                          2 tablespoon butter

cut bread into one inch cubes about place half of the bread cubes into a greased 9x13.
                          place the cream cheese in a microwaveable bowl, cover and melt in mocrowave. stir half of the sugar and all of the extract into the cream cheese. spoon the cream cheese mizture over the bread cubes ( it will not completely cover) sprinke the nuts over the cream cheese layerl top with remaining bread cubes.
                          In a bowl beat the remaining sugar eggs milk cinnamon and melted butter together. pour the egg mixture over the bread cubes.

at this point you can cover and freeze. later defrost and bake at 350 for 30.
                          or you can bake at this point.

I do not make a 9x13 out of this. i use this recipe and do two 8x8's. i take out of the freezer the night before, place in fridge. wake up and bake.
                          you scoop it, like a bread pudding.
                          I pour syrup on top. sometimes the kids do and sometimes they put fruit topping on top.
                          and I use the electric knife to cut in the bread.

Comment

Wow Stella, thanks for all of these yummy recipes...I too wanted the French Toast Recipe..I bet its good...
                            Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Hey... don't forget the shrimp and corn soup recipe too! They all look yummy!!
                              "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Working...
                              X