Labor Day - Menus and Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Labor Day - Menus and Plans

What's you menu & plans for Labor Day? I volunteered to work Was thinking about suggesting a potluck. I'll probably make Durkley's Mac Salad. I went to Central Mkt yesterday and I got some horseradish powder that the original recipe calls for I also thought about making the Pecan Pie Cake that was posted on the board ... sounds delicious. What are you gonna do?

Re: Labor Day - Menus and Plans

No picnics here, just hope the weather holds out to be able to enjoy the huge river front festival (named Kipona) that goes on in our area every year. They have entertainment, chili cook offs, arts and crafts, rides for kids, boat races, great food vendors, you name it, not to mention a beautiful river front park to walk along for miles and miles!

I'm just looking forward to some relaxation time there and welcoming the Fall season with open arms. I love this time of year between now and Thanksgiving. Gets me in the mood for fall/winter time meals!!!
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

I am thinking of something off the smoker....maybe a boston butt, baked beans and grilled corn. Not sure what to do for dessert yet. Maybe chocolate delight.....

I am hungry already.

Comment

Not a clue yet, altho babe said we should cook something yummy! Maybe some shrimp on the 'barbie?
        "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Going to moms Sunday for family get together, don't know what the "main dish" is, she didn't know, but I'm bringing Ranch mushrooms, coleslaw, saurkraut salad and a dessert. Think I'm going to do the crockpot chocolate cake.

Comment

We Are Headed To Torch Lake Saturday Morning And Will Head Back Home Monday Morning. As For A Menu, It Will Be Sandwiches While On The Lake And Then What Ever We Can Find At A Local Resturant.
            SHEL

Comment

It'll be over 100 and too hot for me to do anything outside.. Looks like it'll be a Netflix day/weekend for me.

Comment

I'm thinking Chicken Kabobs, potato salad and baked beans

Comment

I've been craving a pulled pork sandwich... I think I'll add that to my holiday Will have to search for a yummy recipe. Last time I made it, I think I got the recipe from our board. I'll have to search Happy Labor Day

Comment

Working...
                  X