CK Card......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CK Card......

Whatever happened to it? What about starting a new one?

Re: CK Card......

YOU STIRRED THE POT GOOD TIME NOW!!!!!!

IT WAS COPIED/SCANNED BY RUBE (?) AND POSTED SOMEWHERE, CANT' REMEMBER WHERE. IT WAS "LOST" AND TEMPERS WERE LOST AND ACCUSATIONS WERE THROWN. AND THEY DECIDED NOT TO DO IT ANYMORE. MAYBE YOU CAN RESURRECT IT??? DON'T KNOW!!!
    "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Yikes! Saw-wee...........>>>>walking to the corner now with my head held low<<<<<<

Comment

I was just thinking about that the other day!! They were some fun times... begging and pleading for it to be sent to you... ha ha. It was sad (bittersweet) to read tho, and see how many people aren't here anymore.
        "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

i made a comment the other day about the spred sheet and hinted about the ck card. didn't think anyone got it but me.

the principle Stephanie said we aren't to talk of it again.
          because we are a bunch of little kids and cannot handle the topic nicely.
          we have to be good "sports" *wink*
          I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

I'll bring the popcorn! lol

Comment

:-(
              Yeah, I remember when we had several cards floating about at once and they ALL got lost. Personally, although I thought it was a great idea, there did not seem to be enough responsible adults to continue it.

Comment

I was lucky enough to have the card in my possession twice. It was so much fun reading the pages of those who had it before, and getting together with others here in So Cal to have a signing party. That's how I met CharleneG and Lynn (MissKise). Good old days they were.
                Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Comment

I never saw it, begged for it many times, got passed over time and time again while many others here had the opportunity to see it 2 or 3 times. Eventually I understood that I just didnt know the "secret handshake" that was ever going to let me get to see it. And I WOULD have been one that could have been counted on to pass it on timely and to have taken measures to make sure the precious thing didnt get lost.

Cant miss something you never saw. But I sure dont miss the hurt feelings I felt every time I got passed over again so someone could have another multiple seeing of it. I'm kinda glad its not around anymore.

Comment

Cottun, I'm sorry you never got to see the card. It was 2 years between viewings for me. Funny thing is, I never begged for it at all. There was no secret handshake or anything. I don't know why I got it. I always sent it to someone who hadn't seen it before.
                    Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Comment

Yes, the card is laid to rest, hopefully in a peaceful place. It was a wonderful idea and everyone loved it. I never got to see it either but I know it sure caused some problems with the last person that got it. I think that was the last huge fight we had on this board.

Comment

Originally posted by Stella View Post
                        i made a comment the other day about the spred sheet and hinted about the ck card. didn't think anyone got it but me.

the principle Stephanie said we aren't to talk of it again.
                        because we are a bunch of little kids and cannot handle the topic nicely.
                        we have to be good "sports" *wink*
                        I got it Stella, that's why I posted passing on your spread sheet in a timely manner, but I think only you and myself got it. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by cottun View Post
                          I never saw it, begged for it many times, got passed over time and time again while many others here had the opportunity to see it 2 or 3 times. Eventually I understood that I just didnt know the "secret handshake" that was ever going to let me get to see it. And I WOULD have been one that could have been counted on to pass it on timely and to have taken measures to make sure the precious thing didnt get lost.

Cant miss something you never saw. But I sure dont miss the hurt feelings I felt every time I got passed over again so someone could have another multiple seeing of it. I'm kinda glad its not around anymore.
                          And that was the problem Cottun, it was passed on to profiles who were here for a second or two, for whatever reason, and then the card / cards, were lost. Instead of passing the card on to profiles who were here for sometime, who posted on a regular basis , it was passed on to newbies, who could have cared less. But it's history!

Comment

it originally started as a fun thing. i wasn't here then, but i think it was just a handful of people that were together and put a card together, or each person made a page about themself and it was all put together and sent to a person. from what i understand it was talked about how cute it was and it was mailed out added too and mailed again.
                            it grew. it wasn't intended to get as out of hand as it did.

there were alot of hurt feelings. i know when i had it, it pulled at my tummy as to who to forward it too. and it stunk to have to make that choice.

I am glad it is over with. it was horrible to see how something so sweet and kind turned into something to be so monsterous.
                            I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

RIP
                              When I received it, it was the most wonderful thing!
                              A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Working...
                              X