Went to Stater Bros this afternoon...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to Stater Bros this afternoon...

I needed ingredients to for Balsamic Vanilla Chicken that I'm making for dinner tonight. I found most of what I needed, but when I went to buy the chicken breasts, there weren't any prepackaged ones. So I went to the butcher counter where I found 7 good sized breast. Had needed 8 but 7 would do. I asked for them, and the kid working behind the counter said he could not sell them all to me. I said "Excuse me, what did you say?" And he repeated that he could not sell all them to me because that would leave none for anyone else to buy. He said I would have to make a special order for that many breasts at once. I couldn't believe my ears. I find prepackaged breasts 8 to a package all the time. I just said, we'll see about that.

When I checked out I asked to see the manager and made a formal complaint. The manager said they had no such policy and he was very sorry. He went to the meat counter himself and got all 7 of the breasts for me, and gave me a discount on them for my trouble. It pays to complain sometimes. Saved me a trip to another store.

Has anyone ever been denied the last of the meat at the butcher counter?
    Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Re: Went to Stater Bros this afternoon...

Nope! And good for you, Bette. I am sure you did not phrase your complaint in a 'complaining' way and that another reason why you eventually got good service and a discount. Let us know how the recipe went and if it was a hit, I'll be waiting to see it in T&T.
    Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Re: Went to Stater Bros this afternoon...

I just asked the manager if that was their policy, and if there was a reason why he couldn't sell me the last 7 breasts. He said no it was not their policy and there wasn't any reason for it. I'm glad I said something.

The chicken is in the oven cooking right now. Smells pretty good. I'll let cha know how it turns out. Charlene has been trying to get me to try it for a couple of years. It just sounded weird to me, but she swears it's awesome, so we'll see what we think.
      Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Comment

Working...
      X